Photog38
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Jun 21, 2007
- Messages
- 74
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Colorado
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
I have the Canon 17-85mm f4-5.6 and have enjoyed using it for the last several years. This has been a nice lens and I have enjoyed the focal range, but I am considering upgrading to the Canon 24-105mm f4L. I would like to sell my 17-85mm to help pay for the 24-105mm, but I'm not sure what to sell it for. Its in great condition and I've had a filter on it since the day it arrived. Also, I have considered buying a used 24-105mm to save some money.
After seeing some of my pictures from his brother's wedding, my cousin has asked me to be one of the photographers at his wedding this summer. I was at his brother's wedding a couple of years ago and used my 17-85mm. I can understand why some people don't like wedding photography and I have decided that I would only do it for family or close friends. This seems like the perfect excuse for stepping up to the 24-105mm.
So all this boils down to two questions:
1) How much should expect to sell my 17-85mm for?
2) Should I consider buying a used lens vs. a new one? Is is better to just go new?
Anything else I should consider or know about?
Thanks
After seeing some of my pictures from his brother's wedding, my cousin has asked me to be one of the photographers at his wedding this summer. I was at his brother's wedding a couple of years ago and used my 17-85mm. I can understand why some people don't like wedding photography and I have decided that I would only do it for family or close friends. This seems like the perfect excuse for stepping up to the 24-105mm.
So all this boils down to two questions:
1) How much should expect to sell my 17-85mm for?
2) Should I consider buying a used lens vs. a new one? Is is better to just go new?
Anything else I should consider or know about?
Thanks