Advice on Photography School

hmm well I still think I'm going for a degree...in the mean time I will try to get a job as a helper so I can get the best of both worlds. Then I'll be better then those with a degree and those without one but who worked as a helper :D

If you have the money and the time, go to school. It's fun and you'll learn a lot. I would agree that in photography your portfolio and job experience probably is more important than a degree in the long run. But school has a lot of good things to teach about the business aspects, and they will probably also help set you up with a good assistantship when you are done.

I didn't go to an art school, but I have attended many photography classes at a university with a large photo dept. There is no doubt that I've taught myself more about photography on my own than I learned in school. But it was a lot of fun, and they'll teach you a thing or two.

I don't think that school is a detriment on your resume, although work experience will definately hold more weight. Depending on what school you go to, you may be exposed to fantastic work opportunities that you'd only get with the school's help.

Yes the character Obelix was a guy in Asterix but come on he was the coolest character...Him and Dogamatix were a team and Obelix had just a carefree attitude of beating up the Romans and hunting wild boar...what more could you want in life! ;)
Anyhow Im gonna try out that Rocky Mountain photography workshop...Since its about oh 3 months I think I can get enough knowledge on wether or not I want to continue that education and Im going to talk to all the photographers their too and get their 2 cents about it...and the teachers too...well hey this has helped big time...righto...Thanks!

hmm well I still think I'm going for a degree...in the mean time I will try to get a job as a helper so I can get the best of both worlds. Then I'll be better then those with a degree and those without one but who worked as a helper

Now THAT'S the spirit! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back