Advice on reading things?

magicmonkey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
No, I'm not illiterate, just curious! :wink:

Could someone point me in the direction of a good book which doesn't cost too much and explains photography from a pretty basic level through to the high end of intermediate level? I consider myself an ok ametuer but want to go right through the basics as it's something I've never done before so think it would do me a lot of good but I still want to have some extra learning ahead of me as well, may mean 2 books I supose...

:study: :wav: :study:

Film or digital? There are a ton of books out there that explain the technical side of film photography in various degrees of complexity. Some of the stuff applies to digital, and some doesn't.

well I shoot digital and will always be using digital as a primary camera but I'm about to get a film body as well so that I have the options open to me

I always recommend [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0789496372/sr=8-1/qid=1146248705/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-0216217-2833707?%5Fencoding=UTF8"]"John Hedgecoe's New Manual of Photography"[/ame]. Very good reading and it covers a whole heck of a lot of ground.

Most reactions

Back