Advice on type of Lighting I need

nick001

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I would like some suggestions/advice on what kind of lighting and accessories I need.
*My experience is intermediate
*My budget is $550.00
*I am taking 'indoor' product photo's of clothing dressed on a full size female mannequin with a white wall as a backdrop (for my website).
*I would like to blow out the background and make it white, but may also be using backdrops.
*I did a little reading about Strobe lighting but I am not sure how they work. I have been using a cheap and not very powerful continuous fluorescent lighting kit with soft boxes. The photos came out ok, but not as good as they could be. I just need some direction as to the type of lighting and accessories I need. A product list would be great!!!!...lol
*I am a quick learner...

Any replies would be greatly appreciated...cheers!

On $550 it's going to be tight. Four Flashpoint 150 w/s monolights, 4 stands, 5 triggers, 2 46" umbrellas, 2 softboxes, roll of seamless white background paper and background stand, and a copy of the lighting bible.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Lol..ok. not sure what all that means, but thanks :) I'll change the budget to $800.00

Lol..ok. not sure what all that means, but thanks :) I'll change the budget to $800.00
tirediron has given you a shopping list:

4 Budget strobes, 4 stands, RF remotes, 2 umbrellas, 2 softboxes, a roll of paper with stand, and a very informative book.

Order from Adorama.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back