Advice on upgrade from 7d

Discussion in 'Canon Cameras' started by gsm275, Dec 6, 2017.

1. goodguy

goodguy Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Canons best crop sensor camera at the moment is the 80D, yes the 7DII is placed above it but the sensor in the 7DII is not as good as the one in the 80D, 7DII main advantage is for wildlife and sport, other then that the 80D is better.
    If you have been with Canon for a while I see no reason to move to a new system but if you want to go smaller then you have 2 options.................
    Fuji X-T2 and Sony a6500/a6300
    Both these cameras enjoy a better sensor then the 80D but naturally they have their issues.
    My favorite is the X-T2 but Fuji has no FF camera so committing to an APS-C only system is not my cup of tea also the a6500 has IBIS

• Like Like x 1
  2. beagle100

beagle100 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    LOL
    I suppose it depends on the definition of the "best" crop model and the "best" and greatest lens
    naturally (of course) cameras have their "issues" and it may not be everyone's 'cup of tea'
    www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  3. lance70

lance70 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit

The 7D Mk II is a great camera,....I shot with one for a year or so and really enjoyed it...I also shot with the Sony A6300 for about 1 month and that was enough for me.....you may want to rent a Sony first and see how it feels to you and what kind of results you get.....for me I like the DSLR setup better. Of course the 5d Mk III is a beast too, either way you go having the proper glass will make all the difference.