Advice on which DSLR to choose.

I, too, was in the same exact situation as you just a few weeks back (except the type of sports I shoot are different) and the first thing I looked into was the D90.. Then, after weeks of weighing my options, comparing cameras specs, etc, etc I somehow ended up choosing between a d300s & a canon 7d. I almost bought a d300 used but then I read up on it an found that the brand new body would only cost me about $200 more.. Since I'm biased against used products, I decided the price jump would be worth it, researched some more, and then ended up getting the canon 7d.. I am EXTREMELY pleased with the performance of this, and it feels great.. It may be too much $$ though when all is said and done..
I mean, if you know you're going to be into photography for a long time then I would say in hindsight that I'm glad I made my purchase how I did, but I wouldn't hesitate to get yourself that d90 & a great lens or two... I mean there's a HUGE learning curve with the 7D from a P&S ... getting a d90 would be less of a jump, and put you in the hands of one of the two most popular and distinguished camera companies around..

I hated it when people used to say it to me, but it really is all up to you.. Weigh out your options, think things through, and execute.. You'll make the right choice.

If I could give you my best piece of hindsight, I would strongly suggest you invest in glass before body.. I really wish I had myself at least 2 pieces of glass now, but I have no $$ to blow :p
You can always upgrade your body if you feel it isn't to your standards, but lenses are something you want to make a good investment on the first time, trust me.

Thank you everyone!, i think i know what im going to do now :).

I will keep you posted! and i will post my pictures on this forum when i get the chance!

As you are thinking about buing Nikon (I am a Nikon man myself) you might want to check out this homepage with reviews of nikon housings and lenses:

Tybjerg Tekst & Foto

They send out newsletters whenever they have tested new equipment for Nikon....

Good luck

Most reactions

New Topics

Back