Advice, Plz help [t2i]

nsteezyy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im thinking of getting the t2i, but the thing is
should i get the 18-55 EF-s lens with the t2i body?
Or should i just get the T2i body, and then get a sigma 18-50mm 2.8?

And can you guys also recommend a few better lenses?

It's up to you but will you save much money doing that, I would go with the canon lens if it was for my camera another great cheap canon lens is the 50mm 1.8 its only $100 new

I would get the sigma because it will get annoying if you only have a 50mm lens. I have the 50mm but i also have a 80-270 and a 10-20 wide angle.. I would go with the sigma because it has the most options, and you also get the 50mm in the package. Ofcourse its not going to be as sharp as a prime but it will be fine.

It's up to you but will you save much money doing that, I would go with the canon lens if it was for my camera another great cheap canon lens is the 50mm 1.8 its only $100 new
Yeah I was planning on getting the 50mm like after I get the camera

I suggest the Sigma 17-50mm 2.8.
Its a lovely lens but its outta my price range/:

I would get the sigma because it will get annoying if you only have a 50mm lens. I have the 50mm but i also have a 80-270 and a 10-20 wide angle.. I would go with the sigma because it has the most options, and you also get the 50mm in the package. Ofcourse its not going to be as sharp as a prime but it will be fine.
What do you mean?

Save more money for the 17-50mm 2.8! And why are you switching to Canon? XP

I know its not what you were thinking, but I would save a bit and pick up the T3i instead, I did and I'd never go back. For the extra $80 you get a port for an external mic if your ever interested in some great video, along with the articulating screen which is a lifesaver for when you just can't get down to the level you want your camera at. There are also a few small changes to the camera's capabilities that often go unmentioned, such as improved audio metering in video mode. If there's one thing I really love about the T3i though, its the screen and being able to rotate it in (facing the body) to protect it when I wont need it for a period of time.

Why do even want to buy it? It's like downgrading your body. Is your body broken or what? Or else I'd recommend you to buy a new lens for your D90.

I know its not what you were thinking, but I would save a bit and pick up the T3i instead, I did and I'd never go back. For the extra $80 you get a port for an external mic if your ever interested in some great video, along with the articulating screen which is a lifesaver for when you just can't get down to the level you want your camera at. There are also a few small changes to the camera's capabilities that often go unmentioned, such as improved audio metering in video mode. If there's one thing I really love about the T3i though, its the screen and being able to rotate it in (facing the body) to protect it when I wont need it for a period of time.
Ok i will think about that/

Why do even want to buy it? It's like downgrading your body. Is your body broken or what? Or else I'd recommend you to buy a new lens for your D90.
What lenses,?
I'm keeping my D90. but itll be used as my 2nd camera, I just need another camera for filming.

Ok i will think about that/

What lenses,?
I'm keeping my D90. but itll be used as my 2nd camera, I just need another camera for filming.

A D5100 is also good, with the benefit of the ability to use your current lenses.

I just need another camera for filming.

nsteezyy said:
getting the t2i

Sigh.

Why did you buy your D90? Following your logic I'm surprised you didn't buy a video camera and only used the picture capture button on it.

And about the lens, but the lens as long the range as possible without being expensive, because of the low resolution, there's no difference between any sharper lens.

Im thinking of getting the t2i, but the thing is
should i get the 18-55 EF-s lens with the t2i body?
Or should i just get the T2i body, and then get a sigma 18-50mm 2.8?

And can you guys also recommend a few better lenses?

If you are using it for video, maybe check out this site instead.

Canon T2i / T3i "Fast Lens" difference?

I believe you will get a better answer there since that site gears towards video instead of photography.

Most reactions

Back