advice regarding basic photo studio

vixo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My business recently moved into new premises and we have a spare room, which we thought would be useful (and fun) to turn into a photography studio mainly for making demonstration videos and taking pictures of our products, but also for playing around with portrait shots and more creative photography. We would like to find a basic setup of lights, camera, lenses and whatever else we might need that will enable us to maximise the potential of the space (it might take us a while to get there, because we know very little about photography). Our budget is around $1500-2000 (though we are in Germany so we use euro :) )

Attached is the room layout. It is technically a large opening in a corridor with one small window on the slanted wall - not much natural light. The ceiling is at least 3.5m high at the edges but there is a sloping wall which slopes down the window/slanted wall where it is just 2m high. The room is painted a light cream-ish kind of colour, although the paint is a little old and discoloured.

We are planning primarily to photograph our products which are small - we make modular synthesisers. We had an idea to build sets around them, so we want to know how much space we realistically have to play with once we have lights and camera in there.

thanks for reading, any help/tips/pointers much appreciated. I hope I have supplied adequate information

Attachments

• roomlayout.jpg
    roomlayout.jpg
    1,006.3 KB · Views: 166

Most reactions

Back