Aeropress | Super Hipster Image Inside

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As some of you may know, I recently started grad school. As some of you may also know, I'm a coffee addict. I needed a way to bring my coffee making rituals into the office, with relative simplicity but the ability to still make a good cup of coffee. So, I ordered an aeropress, and tried it out this weekend. My first few cups of coffee are alright--there's so many ways to vary your brew-method that I think it'll take me a while to figure out the perfect setup for me.

Anyway, I found this cool copper kettle in our house, and set up a typical hipster-gram shot :)

_RSP8101 by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Thoughts?

Also, if you're an aeroporess aficionado, tell me any secrets you have about brewing!

Jake

Last edited:
Noooo... you're a coffee snob. I am a coffee addict. I use a 20+ year old, <$20 Wal-mart drip-coffee maker to brew the cheapest of whatever grind is on sale. As far as the image goes, I really like it. I think the framing, exposure, composition, focus and processing are spot-on, EXCEPT... I wish the whole hand was in the image; other than that? Very nice.

Noooo... you're a coffee snob. I am a coffee addict. I use a 20+ year old, <$20 Wal-mart drip-coffee maker to brew the cheapest of whatever grind is on sale. As far as the image goes, I really like it. I think the framing, exposure, composition, focus and processing are spot-on, EXCEPT... I wish the whole hand was in the image; other than that? Very nice.

Ok ok, I'll accept coffee snob as well. I agree about the hand, and I just realized I uploaded the instagram crop rather than the true and legit crop. Check it again! :)

Jake

Nailed it!

Thanks man! I find these "still life" shots or whatever you'd like to call them very difficult to arrange. Glad to hear the whole thing works.

Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aeropress was my daily 'brewer' of a few years. My one 'trick' so to speak was to re-use the filter for about a week. To keep it mostly flat and useable...after brewing, rinse it out and leave to dry in the black part (with the holes). You can read up on the inverted method (which some people like) over on coffeegeek if you want to try another way...

Really really like this one! Is that actually a watering can? Love the lines leading from the hand, along that long spout, down to the cup.

As for the Aeropress, I'm interested in if you end up liking it. I've been thinking about one for a while but am hesitant for whatever reason. What is dissatisfying about the coffee so far? Are you boiling the water or getting it just before the boil? Maybe this method comes out better with a different roast?

(And yes, I'm just as interested in the coffee as I am the picture ;) )

Very sweet photo. Interesting and tells a story.... Sell it to a local coffee snob house [emoji13]

I still use a vintage percolator but I do use Cock Full O Nuts coffee. Just like drinking motor oil, just the way I like it![emoji6]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Really really like this one! Is that actually a watering can? Love the lines leading from the hand, along that long spout, down to the cup.

As for the Aeropress, I'm interested in if you end up liking it. I've been thinking about one for a while but am hesitant for whatever reason. What is dissatisfying about the coffee so far? Are you boiling the water or getting it just before the boil? Maybe this method comes out better with a different roast?

(And yes, I'm just as interested in the coffee as I am the picture ;) )

Actually, now that you say it, I'm pretty sure that is a watering can!

So far, the coffee has been weak--I tried the normal orientation, and the water drips through before I can get a good bloom and steep. I'm going to try the inverted method and see how that works out for.

Cheers!
Jake

Picture looks good.
Is that lead-free solder in the pot?

Given the age of it, I highly doubt it. I didn't use this coffee to drink, just set this all up for the photo, haha.

Jake

Very sweet photo. Interesting and tells a story.... Sell it to a local coffee snob house [emoji13]

I still use a vintage percolator but I do use Cock Full O Nuts coffee. Just like drinking motor oil, just the way I like it![emoji6]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Haha I can't stand chock full of gonads!!

To me it's a super image. Perfect. Mood is perfect. Everything is perfect. I wouldn't change anything in this pic. GREAT!

I like it although I feel the bag of coffee beans takes my attention away from the press, which I feel is the the main subject, because of its brighter luminescence.

A lil burning perhaps?

Nice shot!! It's good old Folger's and standard kitchen drip maker for me. Just don't talk to me until cup 3 or 4.

Most reactions

Back