After the Amish fiasco lets see who things I did something morally wrong here.

LLD

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thinks not things. iyiyiyiyi

Didn't want to upset the masses but what do you think about this one.... Lord I'm half afraid to post anything after all the haters!

Attachments

• $DSC_1961.JPG
    $DSC_1961.JPG
    733.2 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
THANK GOD no Amish buggy ran past this one!

As one coming from an architecture background, I object to cropping the peak of the roof.

The large branch coming across the window does nothing good for the composition, but the red canoe really does! I like the splash of red in a scene of mostly earth tones. This shot would work a lot better from a slightly different vantage point. IOW: 7 or 8 steps to the left might have done it, and perhaps getting the camera down low, but include the whole barn.

My lens was too long for the shot. I have a 70-300 and it really limits me when I don't bring both.

How about we come here to learn. so far I have learned focus is important. composition in imparative, and never cut the top of a barn off unless you want some old guy like me to say it not the best. I am a very early on amature, but I can tell you, that you can learn more here than most places..And maybe get a little testy bull****..Ed

People come here to get real opinions otherwise they would just ask mother and she will like everything. I like the image except for the roof peak, the tone is reasonable and the subject is interesting especially with the red canoe. If the barn is near you shoot it again.

I think a more aggressive crop could work here as well. The trouble with the clipping of the peak is that it looks accidental. The attached is cropped pretty carefully, although it may or may not work any better than the original for you:

$foo.JPG

I think a more aggressive crop could work here as well. The trouble with the clipping of the peak is that it looks accidental. The attached is cropped pretty carefully, although it may or may not work any better than the original for you:

View attachment 34774
Sorry Amolitor, you can't crop this one small enough to even call it an interesting snapshot.

My lens was too long for the shot. I have a 70-300 and it really limits me when I don't bring both.

did you try the zoom at the end of your legs :)

So why didnt you shoot it vertically since the building is taller than it is wide, and the space on the sides is not meaningful....

crappy quick edit

$DSC_196wwwwxx1.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back