What's new

Safe after being crucified

LLD

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 23, 2013
Messages
77
Reaction score
15
Location
Midwest
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's another I like. It was a hazy foggy day. How do you contend with those conditions and what do you think of this. If you hated my Amish picture than please pass this post. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • $DSC_1445.webp
    $DSC_1445.webp
    311.7 KB · Views: 94
Ehhhhh--nottasooogoodondisawuuuun!!!

Wow--that Amish boy in horse-drawn buggy post--wow...that was like a minefield, wasn't it!!!! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

On this one, the tilted horizon is just killing it for me.What's kinda' weird is that the near shoreline appears level, but the horizon it utterly caddywhompus!!!

Stick around here LLD....you'll do alright!
 
Yea, even before posting here, the very least you can do it straighten it. That way the commenters don't need to wast time pointing out the down-hill horizon.
 
Thanks! It was freezing cold and my heavy camera tends to tilt left. How do you control that? A LOT of my photos tilt left. I know nothing and I joined to learn... if I'd wanted religious class I'd have gone to church. thanks Derrel I appreciate good and bad critiques.

I think its an illusion because of where I was standing. I did level off on the shore and didn't crop this. The lighthouse comes out at an angle that appears odd in this photo with the waves breaking on the shore. I took a lot of them so I'll look through the others. I also took from the other side with lots of birds that kinda remind me of flying monkeys.
 
Last edited:
How's this..now where would you crop it.
 

Attachments

  • $DSC_1445.webp
    $DSC_1445.webp
    177.6 KB · Views: 115
I dunno....maybe crop just a bit off of the top? Or maybe like this? I dunno...

$wide-crop.webp
 
Thanks! It was freezing cold and my heavy camera tends to tilt left. How do you control that? A LOT of my photos tilt left.

Don't worry about the tilt too much. Just hold it about as level as you can judge it, and then fix it later in post-production. Not only is it easy, but far more accurate doing it on the computer.

Same for vertical format; just try to hold it fairly straight when taking the shot. The reason that you should try is because fixing a huge tilt later can crop off quite a bit of image that perhaps you really wanted in the frame.
 
Hi, LLD and welcome to the forum! :) I agree, I think Derrel's crop is the best version of your image.

I've noticed you are posting everything in the "Photo Assignments & Technical Challenges" forum. From what I've seen so far, I think your images should be posted in the Gallery section of TPF. We have Landscape, People, General, etc. You might want to look over all those categories and post in there, the next time...okay? :)

Thanks for sticking with us through the rocky start you've had here. We're really not such a bad group. Promise!
 
Are you gonna reference that thread EVERY time you post from now on???

Last I saw of it, there were 2 posts. I'm sure it was fairly epic, but dude... let it go.

Just post. You don't have to keep talking about "that one time everyone flamed me".

They'll get over it.

They'll get over it faster if you stop bringing it up. :greenpbl:
 
I posted these right after that so thats why I mentioned it. Haven't mentioned it today.. guess I'm over it. I'm not a dude perhaps thats why I had issues 'letting it go right after all the drama." I was slightly fired up and considered never posting again. Take that back I did mention it once. iyiyiyiyi and believe me you weren't the only one to mention it.
 
Last edited:
Every nube that comes along feels that they are being picked on.... think of it like sunburn, once you are tan you don't burn so easly
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom