After weeks of hunting! It was hiding in a shop in UTAH!

I'm not quite sure why you went with a PJ/sports camera for weddings a 1Dsmk3 would have been better

Good Question Gary! Actually couple reasons. A lot of higher end photographers are using the 1d MK4 for weddings. Bambi, Jeff Ascough to name couple.
As for sports, I am trying to get into it as a hobby purpose. I have spoken to the guy who's in charge of Parkour in North America where we were trying to get together and do some shoots for the free runners. I told him to give me some time because I didn't feel comfortable with the 5d2 as it would suck at focusing.

So in a way I have best of both world - weddings/sports.

I'm not quite sure why you went with a PJ/sports camera for weddings a 1Dsmk3 would have been better

Maybe prepare for "Wedding gone wild" type situation.

Or having 1 couple with 12 bridesmaids and 12 grooms men either run at you really fast or have them jump up in the air at once

Do any of you guys have tickets to Snarkfest 2011, for the Seattle,Washington show? Or maybe to Douche Jam 2011 in Denver, on August 14 or 15th? And, I know it's a long shot, but how about a spare ticket to Prick-Fest 2011 in Bangor, Maine? I'd be happy to take extra tickets off your hands, if you've got extras you bought with the intent to scalp...

The only one I'd consider going to is Prick-Fest in Bangor. But that's about a 3 hour drive for me, and Bangor isn't that hospitable.

But you spend some time in Washington State don't you, Derrel? You could probably at least make it to Snarkfest after fishing.

Yeah, I spend some time in Washington State in the summers, fishing, not too far from whatzisname's resort in the Strait of Juan de Fuca...

I know Bangor's not a cool place, but I would gladly split the cost of gas with ya...damn this $4.29 a gallon fuel!!!

Do any of you guys have tickets to Snarkfest 2011, for the Seattle,Washington show? Or maybe to Douche Jam 2011 in Denver, on August 14 or 15th? And, I know it's a long shot, but how about a spare ticket to Prick-Fest 2011 in Bangor, Maine? I'd be happy to take extra tickets off your hands, if you've got extras you bought with the intent to scalp...

The only one I'd consider going to is Prick-Fest in Bangor. But that's about a 3 hour drive for me, and Bangor isn't that hospitable.

But you spend some time in Washington State don't you, Derrel? You could probably at least make it to Snarkfest after fishing.

Yeah, I spend some time in Washington State in the summers, fishing, not too far from whatzisname's resort in the Strait of Juan de Fuca...

I know Bangor's not a cool place, but I would gladly split the cost of gas with ya...damn this $4.29 a gallon fuel!!!

Hey, if you're willing to pitch in for gas, I'll drive. I need to put premium in my euro-whip though. I hope you don't mind, er, 'smoke'.

Hey, if you're willing to pitch in for gas, I'll drive. I need to put premium in my euro-whip though. I hope you don't mind, er, 'smoke'.

Room for one more?? :lmao:

Room for one more?? :lmao:

Sure, we'll swing by Minnesota to snag ya. :lol:

Blinking heck -- IT'S SUMMER/SPRING - you guys can't still be on the winter sads now! Geez lighten up and go shoot some shots already :p

Also - I'm not jealous -- I 'm not...... really I'm not... --

ok maybe I am a little.;)

((also beginners can totally buy expensive gear ---- ---- ----- says the guy that spent £2K 6 months after starting..))

Good Question Gary! Actually couple reasons. A lot of higher end photographers are using the 1d MK4 for weddings. Bambi, Jeff Ascough to name couple.
As for sports, I am trying to get into it as a hobby purpose. I have spoken to the guy who's in charge of Parkour in North America where we were trying to get together and do some shoots for the free runners. I told him to give me some time because I didn't feel comfortable with the 5d2 as it would suck at focusing.

So in a way I have best of both world - weddings/sports.

Scroll to the bottom page 3 he uses 2 x 1Dsmk3 and 3 x 1Dsmk2 Canon Professional Network - Jeff Ascough
I know quite a few sports photographers who use the 1Dsmk3 2 that shoot F1

This thread makes me feel it. Do you feel it? Cancha just feel it? Let's all feel it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forum: Photography Beginners' Forum & Photo Gallery

Brand new to photography, or brushing up on some of the basics? Don’t be shy! Talk to other beginners and ask all your basic photographic questions here. Show us some of the photos you have taken so far and get some review - so you can learn where there is room for improvement!

Read much

Scroll to the bottom page 3 he uses 2 x 1Dsmk3 and 3 x 1Dsmk2 Canon Professional Network - Jeff Ascough

Not sure why it's down but here's the link to his entire review. The link can give it away what model he's talking about. Again, not sure why the website is down.

http://jeffascough.typepad.com/jeff_ascough_blog/2009/11/canon-1dmkiv-at-a-wedding.html

I know he used one that Canon gave him to try out, but Canon give him everything to try out
link does not work for me

Not sure why it's down but here's the link to his entire review. The link can give it away what model he's talking about. Again, not sure why the website is down.

http://jeffascough.typepad.com/jeff_ascough_blog/2009/11/canon-1dmkiv-at-a-wedding.html

I know he used one that Canon gave him to try out, but Canon give him everything to try out
link does not work for me

"I’ll be swapping my 5D Mark II DSLRs for two EOS-1D Mark IVs. For me the 1D Mark IV is a big leap in terms of imaging technology. It was the high ISO capabilities that originally attracted me to the 5D Mark II, but with the 1D Mark IV I can now get better build quality, superior high ISO ability and a vastly superior AF system, so it’s been an easy decision to switch. I would say, hand on heart, this is the best digital SLR I have ever used."

Most reactions

Back