Afternoon cat nap..

TamiAz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My cat was napping and the sun was hitting her.. I wanted to get a picture of her. I metered for the sunny spot on her face. Not sure if that was the correct way to do it, but this is how it turned out. I would love some feedback and advice on how to expose something like this..

roxybw.jpg

Metering off the brightest spot would probably be the best way to do this.

Some spots look a little overexposed but its hard to be sure on my phone.

Cute little kitty though!

BTW - did you want that tutorial? It's only 80 pages long! ;)

Metering off the brightest spot would probably be the best way to do this.

Some spots look a little overexposed but its hard to be sure on my phone.

Cute little kitty though!

BTW - did you want that tutorial? It's only 80 pages long! ;)

Sure..I need all the help I can get!! :D I've been looking around for tutorials and came across Photoshop actions. Do you use them? I downloaded a few freebies and they are kind of cool.

Last edited:
Orange Tabby ?

If you did spot meter the brightest area ... I would have expected the image to be darker.

It looks to me like the natural light was varied- but you got great exposure on the face, got great texture in the fur. It looks like a cat sunning in natural window light- I think it is well done. And I love the paw!

Orange Tabby ?

If you did spot meter the brightest area ... I would have expected the image to be darker.

Nope, grey and black tabby.

It looks to me like the natural light was varied- but you got great exposure on the face, got great texture in the fur. It looks like a cat sunning in natural window light- I think it is well done. And I love the paw!

Thank you!! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back