Agave

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Pronounced - Ah-gah-vee.
The Century plant, said to blossom once every one hundred years. Actually they bloom far more often, about every 30 years or so.

1 of 3
320v5369.jpg

2 of 3
640-5368.jpg

3 of 3
640-5371.jpg

Yeah, 2&3 looked like everything was slidding out of the picture. I rotated them- Better?

No. Not bad.
Particularly not the third (and since I was away for the weekend I never saw them tilted, so all I ever see is "right" ones here). I really like how the flowers of the agave got backlit here and shine in all their yellow glory.

This flower kills the plant ultimately ... so we heard by ... hm, who was the member whose agave in the front garden developed a flower and he showed us the whole process of that flower growing and blooming and dying, the plant dying with it?????? So to see this is quite something, and you are honouring the dying plants well with your photo series.

that was me corinna, [thread=54776]Death Sentence[/thread] has a few red x's, but you can still see several throughout the cycle. My photos were of Agave vilmoriniana or commonly called Octopus Agave, abraxas has captured a different species here and i'm not sure if their stalks/blooms are a death sentence as mine was.

nice shots abraxas, I love agaves. :thumbup:

As far as I can tell, these are Agave deserti, Desert Agave. The rapid growth of the stalk also kill the rosette of this species. These were taken in Coconino national forest outside Sedona, Az.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back