AGFA BILLY COMPUR strange shutter serial number

marshm-3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have an AGFA BILLY COMPUR and have researched several sites however cannot find any reference to COMPUR shutter number 0039823. Can anyone help?

What do you want to know?

1. What do you want to know?
    I have had several people state that it is an unknown number, another said it was not a valid number even after I posted a photo, another said it could be a number assigned to a large retail distributor, no one seems to have a definitive answer. I have also checked sites about COMPUR shutter serial numbers but none begin with 00. I would like to know the origin and/or the validity of the number.

The '00' may refer to the size of the shutter. I have seen other Compurs with numbers beginning with '00' followed by 5 numbers despite the serial number lists available on the net that say otherwise.

The camera is the second variant BILLY COMPUR 1948 to 1949. I know little about COMPUR shutters, would those production years have had a 00 shutter?

The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind ...

The camera is the second variant BILLY COMPUR 1948 to 1949. I know little about COMPUR shutters, would those production years have had a 00 shutter?
Seems quite plausible, the lens only has to cover 6x9cm.
If you check the size of the lens retaining ring (inside the bellows) you can confim - 00 size have a 25mm diameter ring, with the next standard size (0) up being 32mm.

I think my medium format folders are a mix of 0 & 00 sizes.

Seems quite plausible, the lens only has to cover 6x9cm.
If you check the size of the lens retaining ring (inside the bellows) you can confim - 00 size have a 25mm diameter ring, with the next standard size (0) up being 32mm.

I think my medium format folders are a mix of 0 & 00 sizes.
Thank you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back