What's new

Aging outdoor things

hercry1441

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 13, 2008
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,
just thought I'd post a couple recent shots for C&C =]

Broken Twig
IMG_6300.jpg

Rusty Blue Pipe
IMG_6288.jpg

Or Version 2?
IMG_6288_2.jpg

Old Lost Tennis Ball
IMG_6332.jpg


thanks for looking!
 
I'm neutral on the shots, I neither like nor dislike them. The only thing I do have to say is those two middle shots, way too much blue.
 
There must be a reason why you "went all blue" on this series. Do you want to let us into your little secret about the blue colour here? To my mind, rust and this blue don't go too well together, when I see rusty things, I want to see the colour of rust, that warmer orangey-brown, but that's maybe only me.

DOF on the broken twig is a tad too shallow, I think, it'd have been good if all parts of the crack were in focus, also the nearest "tip".

All in all I like the idea of getting so close to such mundane things and thus give them a "life of their own".
 
Thanks for the C&C, guys!
Hmm.. the reason behind the blue-ness. I wanted to make the tones a little cooler, because especially for things in nature, I thought that warm tones give them more of an "alive" feel, but I was going for the old, decadent look.
I'll post less blue edits of them, because now that I've read your comments I think they might look better =D

IMG_6288_4.jpg


IMG_6300_2.jpg


IMG_6332_2.jpg


Better?
 
It looks better this time around without all the blue. Rust was just not meant to be blue colored.
 
Yes you second series is mucho better. At first I thought you had set your WB wrong.
 
Thanks!
The pipe one of the second series is very desaturated especially the blues. The others of the second series have less editing.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom