AH1 Cobra,,,I think.

Heck

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
heck.zenfolio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I heard there was to be a beach raid demo so I took a boat ride out to see if I can catch some action. Hand held with my 70-200mm from a 23ft boat. They took off and flew by on both sides of me. 4 hours waiting and the photo taking lasted only 2 min. lol.

ah1.jpg

marine1.jpg

ah1light.jpg

I really like the third one. They could all use some crops IMO. The color on the 3rd one is great.

The Cobra looks more like the the AH1W SuperCobra. Great shots btw though +1 on the need to crop a bit.

Great captures,
Just a tip few tips I learned from other professionals who shoot aviation type photography. When capturing anything with props try slowing down your shutter speed to capture the full circle motion from the props.
And Id say just crop in alittle bit. It looks like all that waiting was worth it.

Yup, its an AH-1W. The other is the UH-34 Seahorse. I think the other services called it a "Chochtaw".

The silhouette shot is quite nice.

I was afraid of slowing down the shutter with the boat rocking and all. I knew I had only a few moments for shooting so I took the safe bet and used a fast shutter. And even with the fast shutter I still lost some shots to blur. I did have a hard time with the crop. I was not sure how to go about it. I guess fill the frame up more.

Most reactions

Back