Ahh finally

RobNZ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The following image is a shot I have thought about getting for quite some time, the reason why I took so long to get it, it's a complete bast#@d of a walk to get to the shooting location, 700ft hill from many of my previous posts, so this is the view from the top, at night of course.

4 or 5 photo stitch, please ignore the distortion, bottom left and top right.

C&C welcome.

mountnights.jpg

and one more from earlier in the evening that I am just not sure if its a keeper?

img8877a.jpg

A little bland and boring but I do like the colour.

Thanks Arch :)

Nope, the second one isnt doing anythng for me at all, if those rocks had of been wet and with the same light it could have worked I think.

Nice shot Rob!

I see what you were going for in the second one, good job including some foreground! Sometimes the scene just doesn't work out like we hope. I would keep it for reference and motivation.

The first shot is stunning, amazing job.

The second shot isn't doing much for me, but there isn't much technically wrong with it that I can see.

Rob
700ft of inspiration is what I would call the first shot. ;)

The second shot would probably work if you had bracketed the exposures. I like the composition, with maybe just a little less sky.

Thanks for the compliments :)

Could be my eyes, but where is the distortion you mentioned?

If you look at the edge of the frame 2/3 up on right where the port lights are, they are leaning outwards and bottom left the norfolk pines are starting to lean left a bit.

Its bugging me a little, but it appears it doesnt seem to be much of an issue?

Might be a good candidate for a large stretched canvas.

Could be my eyes, but where is the distortion you mentioned?

If you look at the edge of the frame 2/3 up on right where the port lights are, they are leaning outwards and bottom left the norfolk pines are starting to lean left a bit.

Its bugging me a little, but it appears it doesnt seem to be much of an issue?

Might be a good candidate for a large stretched canvas.

I would have never noticed that unless you pointed it out. :p Should be a quick-fix in PS--maybe with the smudge tool with the hardness cranked up, and then just scootch the tree, or maybe put the crooked tree on its own layer and then use the warp tool to bent it straight. Just throwing out ideas. Sleep deprivation is kicking in.

hi rob, thanks for walking up those 700ft and sharing :) I might have missed it somewhere but.. where is this??? :) I need to know lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back