Ahh I think I broke my camera

Personally I think there's a big design flaw on the CF cards. The contacts should have been on the short side of the card. This would have made it impossible to insert it the wrong way (the hole in the camera would be too small).

In strictly user oriented point of view, the Sony MemoryStick is close to perfection. It has a few and non-fragile contacts and a shape that eliminates the chances of inserting it the wrong way.

The CF standard is obsolete and fragile and I've often wondered why semipro/pro cameras still use it.

Personally I think there's a big design flaw on the CF cards.

The CF standard is obsolete and fragile and I've often wondered why semipro/pro cameras still use it.

The real design flaw is in the human who cannot pay proper attention to something as simple as the insertion of any card into their camera. No matter what technology used. You show me any technology out there, and I can show you a person that will jam it in there backwards anyway, whether it fits... or not. :lol:

The CF standard is FAR from obsolete. It is nowhere near as fragile as a smaller and thinner SD card and has much faster write speeds. Matter of fact it is good enough to be the card of choice on the latest camera released out there, the Nikon D3... and not just a slot for one card, but *two*! The second CF card can be used as additional storage or automatic backup of every picture you take.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back