AI Clear VS DeNoise Topaz Labs

birdbonkers84

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey,

I'm looking at getting Either AI Clear or DeNoise, but I don't really know which one would be best for Wildlife/Astro?

Does anyone have any experience or examples with either of these? I've watched the introduction videos for both and they both look super.

Thanks

Last edited:
There's also Neat Image to consider.

Personally I find that noise removal software is all much a same of muchness in that they can perform differently but the average user won't find a vast difference. You can see difference if you really learn how to control their advanced features and spend time tweaking things - but you're often looking at a fair bit of time and you might only see marginal difference at best - which might not always be visible in prints/web display.

Also you might look more into astrophotography specifically as I'm aware its got its own quirks and features that might mean there's a dedicated bit of software for it out there.

I use Topaz de noise, it works well for me......

There's also Neat Image to consider.

Personally I find that noise removal software is all much a same of muchness in that they can perform differently but the average user won't find a vast difference. You can see difference if you really learn how to control their advanced features and spend time tweaking things - but you're often looking at a fair bit of time and you might only see marginal difference at best - which might not always be visible in prints/web display.

Also you might look more into astrophotography specifically as I'm aware its got its own quirks and features that might mean there's a dedicated bit of software for it out there.

Yeah I normally in LR use an adjustment brush to paint the backgrounds (quite time consuming) around the bird with the noise slider at 100, it generally does a ok job, but it's not the best especially at higher noise levels.

I don't particularly like using the luminance slider as I find it removes all the details and makes the area look pasty. I also don't particularly like LR sharpening either lol. Only sharpening I do is when exporting and then I'll put it through PS using an unsharp mask.

I know about the image stacking technique in PS for reducing noise for astro, but for that you generally need to have a cloud free sky.

Most reactions

Back