Air Force (11 Photos)

scorpion_tyr

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
lawrenceburnsphotography.yolasite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Been a long time since I posted anything here, so I thought I would share what I've been up to. A little over a year ago I found myself without a real job to do for the USAF, so my unit had me take some pictures to decorate the walls of the headquarters building. Here are a few of those shots I thought I would share. For any AF vets out there it may be obvious what's going on in the shot, but for the rest of you I'd be happy to explain. C&C is welcome and appreciated!

IMG_1703e20.jpg

IMG_1725e20.jpg

IMG_2362e220.jpg

IMG_6922e20.jpg

IMG_7875e20.jpg

IMG_840420.jpg

IMG_854220.jpg

IMG_8788e20.jpg

IMG_9075ec20.jpg

IMG_917120.jpg

IMG_9210e20.jpg

This is a nice set - thanks for posting ... I really enjoyed looking through them.
The standouts for me are #3 (my favourite), #8, #9 and #12.
#3 is such a brilliant perspective and the motion blur works a treat (if I want to be picky the wing might be a bit close to the edge on the right). Would be great to have a series of these with different planes.
#8 just tugs at my heart. Pride and sadness. Duty and honour. Individual and country. I have goosebumps as I type this.
#9 Wonderful timing. I'd probably like a bit more space on the left. I would strongly suggest you don't move more the right ... could be hairy!!!! I can't tell with my poor old eyes and this laptop monitor ... but ... the shooter isn't tack sharp (apologies if its me)
#12 definitely tells a story of family and sacrifice love it ... except for the flash reflection in the background
Your right - some of the others I don't understand (my ignorance) ... eg #6 and #7

Ooops - really like #1 also. I'm assuming the orange colour cast is how it is with the lights. I like the composition and placement here. Would be interesting to see if you got a lot closer to the guy and used wide angle lens wether it would have even more impact.
Once again ... thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the feedback Ace! I don't do too much editing on these, but you're absolutely right on #12, I need to get rid of that flash reflection! I didn't even think about it, thanks! On #1, that is how it looks out on the flightline at night due to the poor stadium lighting. I thought about playing with the white balance, but it would just look to artificial IMO. If I have the chance to shoot this again I will try a wide angle! Thanks for going through all those and the compliments!

I absolutely love these. Have you ever had issues with people not wanting their photo taken? I've dealt with some sensitive people before and I'm sure big muscular guys do more then just complain about it.

I had to take some group shots of our chorus a while back for yearbook and in the photo you had about 3-4 people holding sheet music up over their face. The common complaint I seemed to over hear was they didn't want their picture on my computer. The funny thing is, is that I no longer have those photos because my storage is limited and I only hold what I need so after I submitted the photos I didn't care about them anymore.

Great set, OP! I'm an AF brat and the "Herky Bird" shots bring back some good memories.

My only real CC would be the white truck in #5 (easy to remove) and the aforementioned flash reflection in #12. Overall, good job. I'm sure your CO was pleased with the results...

The common complaint I seemed to over hear was they didn't want their picture on my computer.

Where are the pictures supposed to go? Idiots.
"Wowww see that gay guy hes using like a, DIGITAL camera... i dont want the pictures to be on his like, computer! i just like, want a digital camera to make physical prints instead of digital images! like, is that so hard?"

The common complaint I seemed to over hear was they didn't want their picture on my computer.

Where are the pictures supposed to go? Idiots.
"Wowww see that gay guy hes using like a, DIGITAL camera... i dont want the pictures to be on his like, computer! i just like, want a digital camera to make PRINTS instead like, magic!"

HaHa We have some girls in chorus that absolutely LOVE Drama. I had band for three years and in those three years I never remember this much drama. We had occasional drama but it was not on a nearly everyday basis. It was for this fact that even though I had permission from the teacher, I was very nervous about getting up to take the shot.

Have you ever had issues with people not wanting their photo taken?

Yes. I have a nice little self portrait of myself with blood trickling down my face. I took it about 1 minute after someone punched my camera right into my face because they didn't want their picture taken.

Thanks for all of the C&C! And the compliments!

Have you ever had issues with people not wanting their photo taken?

Yes. I have a nice little self portrait of myself with blood trickling down my face. I took it about 1 minute after someone punched my camera right into my face because they didn't want their picture taken.

Thanks for all of the C&C! And the compliments!

Hopefully you got to shoot a burst while the punch was coming!

These are good starts but they look totally sooc.
Why not edit them to make them look as good as they can be?

Because I'm a photographer first, and an image manipulator second. Trust me. Many of them have been edited, but if you could tell they had been edited what's the point?

Because I'm a photographer first, and an image manipulator second. Trust me. Many of them have been edited, but if you could tell they had been edited what's the point?

My experience is that people who believe that they don't have to edit are relatively naive about the process.
The reason I assumed they hadn't been edited much is that, imo, they look in need of editing.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back