What's new

Air Show C&C Please.....And which are your favorites?

Paumanache

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 3, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
I took 600 shots in 4 hours at an air show this weekend (yeah...burst). I edited 35 that I thought had potential. I'm only going to post a few of the 35 but I'd like some critique on them and also which ones you like the most. Thanks a lot.

(Click images for larger size)

1.


2.


3.


4.


5.


6.


7.


8.


9.


10.


11.
 
Last edited:
Under exposure is an issue in most of these. Your whites are gray. A few shots suffer from a bit of softness. Airshows can be fun to shoot, but nailing the exposure and focus is critical. It's even worse on bright sunny days when you need to expose the underside of the aircraft that is in the shadow.
 
Good timing in a lot of these (although I guess that's mostly "Burst and throw away the ones that didn't pan out"?)

#10 and #11 are classic shots, we've seen these a bunch of times before. Well done although as noted a little underexposed.

#8 does a good job of capturing the "this is what it feels like to be at an air show" actually. The larger and basically banal contrast is kind of nice for setting the scene.

Pretty good sense of framing in most of these.

The only one I really like, though, is #7. All the rest of them look like.. pretty good photos shot by someone who was at an air show.
 
The only one I like is number 7, the rest have issues with OOF, and kind of noisy. The exposure that already has been mentioned is mostly the cause of the noise.
 
#3 defiantly has potential. It's in need of a little processing though. You actually got the props to blur enough! No one EVER does that! (Or can't on a sunny day w/out a ND filter)
#7 is AWESOME! It just looks a little out of place in the set and could use a tighter crop.

All the rest are meh... at best. Great airshow memories, but technically need work.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom