Airport Photos... Critique them

I live by CVG and go to their planespotting area every now and then. I enjoy watching the planes, but even with my 70-300 lens I'm never able to end up with any photos that are any better than just OK.

i took these the day after the first ones i posted....it was a more dreary day....overcast mostly...
102_2675.JPG

102_2668.JPG

are these any better?

They are better. I like how they show all of the plane. I would open them up in GIMP and try doing auto white balance and maybe play with the contrast and brightness a little but I'm on my work computer right now.

Why didn't you try some panning?

whats panning?

LOL, sorry, I didn't see the last post. But basically, here's an example of panning. (This was my first day trying it today)

Basically if you see a photo from a race (car, horse, bike) where the subject is focused and the background is in a motion blur. Its easy shot IMO but once you master it, you can do some wonder. (Mine isn't a mastered version btw :lmao:)

CanaDry004.jpg

Why didn't you try some panning?

whats panning?

LOL, sorry, I didn't see the last post. But basically, here's an example of panning. (This was my first day trying it today)

Basically if you see a photo from a race (car, horse, bike) where the subject is focused and the background is in a motion blur. Its easy shot IMO but once you master it, you can do some wonder. (Mine isn't a mastered version btw :lmao:)

CanaDry004.jpg

i think they were going to slow at takeoff for a good shot from where i was standing....but im a noob so who knows....but i did try some panning and failed.....
102_2489.JPG

how do i get a good shot...what would i have to do settings wise?

youtube it, it'll explain it lot easier. I set mine to TV mode and played with the shutter speed. There's lots of other things but like I said, today was my first time. Practice with a car, even if its going 20mph you'll be fine. Basically you take a picture of the moving object but you move your camera along with the same speed of the subject. But like I said, youtube it and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

youtube it, it'll explain it lot easier. I set mine to TV mode and played with the shutter speed. There's lots of other things but like I said, today was my first time. Practice with a car, even if its going 20mph you'll be fine. Basically you take a picture of the moving object but you move your camera along with the same speed of the subject. But like I said, youtube it and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

ok thanks...i take a look

that doesn't look to terrible you can tell that it is taking off. I would play with the contrast and the darkness in GIMP

Most reactions

Back