AI's Wonderful World of Macro

Very nice.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Outstanding macro images. I've been using a ring flash but I'm not overly happy with the results. Time to buy a R1C to go with my D7100 and Nikon 85MM Micro.

Dave

Thank you kindly.

Outstanding macro images. I've been using a ring flash but I'm not overly happy with the results. Time to buy a R1C to go with my D7100 and Nikon 85MM Micro.

Dave

Ya, they are a bit too even in their light distribution for me. I like a little more dramatic lighting.

Thank you kindly.

Dave

Ya, they are a bit too even in their light distribution for me. I like a little more dramatic lighting.

I've rented a house for two weeks in Cape Coral this coming January so hopefully I can find a good assortment of bugs to shoot.

Dave

Thank you kindly.

Dave

I've rented a house for two weeks in Cape Coral this coming January so hopefully I can find a good assortment of bugs to shoot.

Dave

Thats where I live. It wont be like Spring/Summer bug season. But there is always something to shoot here since it doesnt freeze very often.

As long as there aren't too many bugs in the house I rented I'm good. I"m from northern Ontario so it will be like summer for me.

Al, I just ordered the R1 kit and I have a few questions to help me get started. I'm not looking for big long answers, just some info to get me started on the right foot.
Do you use the supplied diffusers when up really close, ie. 8 inches or so?
Do you often fire just one SB200 when shooting bugs?
Any other critical tips for using the R1 kit?

Thank you,
Dave

Al, I just ordered the R1 kit and I have a few questions to help me get started. I'm not looking for big long answers, just some info to get me started on the right foot.
Do you use the supplied diffusers when up really close, ie. 8 inches or so?
Do you often fire just one SB200 when shooting bugs?
Any other critical tips for using the R1 kit?

Thank you,
Dave

Honestly, it really depends on the direction and amount of ambient light. I dont do anything formulaic. I know that doesnt help much. But Im pretty loose on my creative process. Sometimes it needs fill. Sometimes I want backlighting. I guess Im moody. :suspicion:

Most reactions

Back