alkaline vs. Li

Rifleman1776

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I posted this elsewhere but didn't get responses. Maybe here will be more productive. I would appreciate feedback.

I am new here, but I did try a search before posting this question.
From the experience of those here:
Are Li batteries really worth the extra cost?
e.g. alkalines cost about fifty cents each, Li cost about $2.50 each.
Do the Li last five times, or more, longer in everyday use in a digi cam?
My digi cam is a mid-range type, Sony DSC-H2.
BTW, I am not looking for laboratory reports or manufacturers claims. What I want, and what I think we all need, is actual field use experience.
Thanks, Frank

I use Energizer lithium batteries, and the last forever. In my speedlights, grip everything. Also have a faster recycle time, and enable me to shoot at a higher frame rate.

The fact that you can recharge them hundreds of times should answer your questions, plus I've seen gear that advised against alkaline batteries...

Li batteries last forever in my speedlight. I just keep a spare set of 4 in my bag, and charge them in rotation.

li batteries don't build a memory like alkaline do. so you can recharge right after a shoot and just keep going till the batteries acctually do die. i've had mine last for months on the same charge for at least a month / month and a half in horid conditions.

li batteries don't build a memory like alkaline do.

I think you're thinking of Ni-Cd, as you can't recharge alkaline batteries, so thee is no chance to build a memory. They are throw-aways.

Most reactions

Back