All American Girl.

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My local camera store and Sony sponsored a photo meet-up recently. Sony was kind enough to let us check out some of their new gear. So I thought I'd shoot the A7R III with the 24-70mm f/2.8 G-Master lens. The set-up was a LOT different than my dslr and the 42 mpix images were pretty nice to work with in post.

Example: 70mm, f/3.2, 1/500 at ISO 50. We were using a reflector that we brought with us.

42792434992_0e198fd55a_b.jpg

A lil' bit more resolution than the 7D-II has...
Pretty amazing what these newer, Sony-sensored rigs can capture. Just soooo much detail!

Thank you @zombiesniper , @Derrel and @Dean_Gretsch.

Derrel, you are correct. It has double the resolution of the 7D mk II and was full frame. Those two reasons were my thoughts when deciding to go and borrow the Sony equipment. I have been shooting a lot of portrait work over the last couple of months. And even though I like the images, I find myself wondering how much better they would have been with a full frame sensor. It has been so bad, that I've actually been considering the 5D Mk IV, even though I feel that it didn't have enough "up-grades" from the III. I have a friend that has the IV, and has said that I could borrow it if I wanted to. So I am going to try to set up a photo session to be able to use it with my 85mm where I can compare it with my 7D mk II.

Ron, I really like the way the larger sensor interacts with the 70–200 MM lens, and with the 85,50,24, and 35 mm lenses. It is not so much the resolution although that is nice, but it's just how far away you have to stand with so many different lenses, that makes the full frame camera and easier-to-use portrait rig, especially indoors.

I understand. That is the one thing that I didn't do is try some different lenses. I choose the 24-70mm f/2.8 Gmaster and only went back to return it. I regret that and should have tried a prime lens. (Although, I'm afraid that I might have cut myself with the sharpness, lol)

nice!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back