All in good fun, Fauxtographer

Or maybe he bought this package: .........

Which, I will admit, is a TERRIBLE package to buy with a 7D. Who would really sell this to someone. Seriously.

Or his L-glass is in the shop and the kit lens is a loaner.

I'd probably just shelf my camera if I got a kit lens as a loaner for a fancy piece of glass... I don't know about you, Sparky. But I could wait until my baby came back to me.

even if you were leaving for vacation.

you'd rather get no pics, than to get pics with a kit lens?

it's the photographer, not the equipment right? ;)

Naptime, just know that Tim isn't the make fun of others to feel better type. He's a good guy.

Me, on the other hand...

woops

Last edited:
My point is along the lines of "Why spend soo much on a camera when a point and shoot would do the job for what you are using it for?"

Why should he only be limited to shooting studio with his DSLR instead of shooting outdoor snapshots as well? That's like saying there's no point in driving anywhere if you can just walk.

On second though, yeeeeaaaah. I'm sorry if it appeared that I was harsh, I really did not mean it that way.

It happened that I saw his flash out of the corner of my eye, turned around and then one thing lead to another.

It's easy to start to make fun of someone, but not so to know when to stop. At least for me. And for that I apologise, I went overboard.

In fact, that same bag he is carrying cost me 120$... >_< Lowepro 202 AW.
And I somtimes still use my kit lens over my 50prime for Infrared as it's the only size filter I have, and I need some telezoom.

In any case I do not have a 2nd body and my 550D is not converted to infrared so who's going to know a little blur from some exposure noise?
I mean, from the point of view of some experienced infrared shooters, I'm looking just like him.

I may be better off than he is on knowledge, experience and equipment, but not THAT far off.
Heck, my body barely scratched the 10,000 mark.

I get it now. It is all about money with you, right?

What a weirdo.

Most reactions

Back