All in good fun, Fauxtographer

Timoris

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
woops

Last edited:
I dont get it.. what did he do that was so wrong?

PS.. when you buy a 7D, it doesnt come with 18-55 KIT.

18-135mm right?

I can't say it looks like he's using one though. The lens would be a bit more... well... erect... If it were a 18-135mm kit lens.

How do you know his image isn't 3x more awesome than yours?

You're right, I don't. For all I know he has a Phd in Adobe.

However, my cell pic is for reference "Come back to this", it says.

My point is along the lines of "Why spend soo much on a camera when a point and shoot would do the job for what you are using it for?"

And yes, I did "Like" you today.

Why question what people spend their money on, and how they use it?

Thanks for the like though.

I know this was "all in fun", but it just didn't strike me as funny today. *shrug*
I think I am getting soft in my old age.
Maybe I take offense to the wearing the hat backwards remark. Cuz I wear my hat backwards too.

Kinda hard to shoot with hat facing forward.

OP geez, at least he is shooting. I started a new studio lighting class tonight and the professor asked everyone what they've been shooting since basic lighting class a few weeks ago many replied "nothing".

Maybe some doofus on another pix forum is doing a Lens Across America......... with a Canon kit lens. :lol:

Maybe some doofus on another pix forum is doing a Lens Across America......... with a Canon kit lens. :lol:

Or maybe he bought this package: Amazon.com: Canon EOS 7D Digital Camera + Canon 18-55 Zoom Lens + Canon 75-300 Telephoto Zoom Lens + .40x Super Wide Angle Fisheye Lens + 2x Telephoto Lens + 4 Piece Macro Kit + 16GB Memory Card + 3 Year Celltime Warranty: Camera & Photo

Which, I will admit, is a TERRIBLE package to buy with a 7D. Who would really sell this to someone. Seriously.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Or maybe he bought this package: .........

Which, I will admit, is a TERRIBLE package to buy with a 7D. Who would really sell this to someone. Seriously.

Or his L-glass is in the shop and the kit lens is a loaner.

Or maybe he bought this package: .........

Or his L-glass is in the shop and the kit lens is a loaner.

I'd probably just shelf my camera if I got a kit lens as a loaner for a fancy piece of glass... I don't know about you, Sparky. But I could wait until my baby came back to me.

I'd probably just shelf my camera if I got a kit lens as a loaner for a fancy piece of glass... I don't know about you, Sparky. But I could wait until my baby came back to me.

I dunno. If my best glass was out of service, I'd still have an itchy trigger finger.

i wish i would catch somebody taking a picture of me or my daughter and making fun of us while we are out trying to learn, and bond.

i didn't think the hat was funny. i would turn my hat around too, so i could see.
i didn't think the bag was funny. what should he put his gear in, a grocery store plastic bag?
i didn't think the kit lens was funny. i'm hoping to get a kit with one next week. (actually two kits.)
i didn't think shooting on auto was funny. it's there for a reason. not everyone is a pro photographer. there are no prerequisites when buying an expensive camera.
i didn't think the subject was funny. perhaps he is a tourist, taking a tourist snapshot. much like your cell phone pic. and he's probably happy with it.

why does any of the above make him a fauxtographer? was he handing out business cards, with his cool watermark, and his facebook photographer page on it, offering to shoot weddings for a special sale of only $250.00 if you are one of the first 100 callers?

just looks like a tourist or a beginner to me.

now, the ONE thing i did laugh at....

using a pop up flash, on subject matter 100 meters away.

but, i guess i only found that funny, because i've been doing a lot of research and studying lately, so i know better.

i don't know. call me a sensitive beginner. i know you posted this "all in good fun" but as a beginner who would look just like this, albeit without the popup lash, i rather took offense to it. all i got was that you were patting yourself on the back and climbing up on a pedestal because you aren't a lowly beginner.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back