What's new

All Oiled Up

That video is inspiring.... but .... gives me a huge case of flash envy *sigh*
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #17
What are you saying that everybody doesn't have all those flashes? Lol
 
Lol I'd settle for ONE off camera flash ;)

(As I sit here with an old Canon 188a missing the battery cover, which contains the battery contacts, trying to fix it lol)

I swore I was going to make photography pay for itself (silly girl) but I think I may break down next month and look into some manual Younguo (sp?) flash.
 
Great video but too much work for the result.... you could shoot a beautiful nude in half the time.
 
Mish...I hate you. :lmao:
Just kidding--you know I like you...but I hate how d*mn GOOD you are!!

And I understand them all looking alike--but then waterfalls all start to look alike after a while too, and yet I could still sit and look at one for HOURS. And I could sit and look at your pictures All. Day. Long.
This is beautiful!

And since I know you love it when I talk about your photos this way:

Oooooh, that's SO GOOD! Please don't STOP! Do it some more!!! :biglaugh:


Lol I'd settle for ONE off camera flash ;)

(As I sit here with an old Canon 188a missing the battery cover, which contains the battery contacts, trying to fix it lol)

I swore I was going to make photography pay for itself (silly girl) but I think I may break down next month and look into some manual Younguo (sp?) flash.

Well, see, the way to justify that is that it takes money to make money. :D Maybe that one little flash is all you need to be able to make photography pay for itself, and you'll be able to then pay for the flash and more, in short order. Or maybe not, and your family will have to eat ramen noodles a while longer. :lmao:

I have a Yongnuo flash--I absolutely LOVE it. I consider it and my Tokina 100mm macro the two best investments I've made in photography (other than the camera body--since flashes and lenses tend to be a bit useless without a camera body).
 
Mishele, are you using just water and oil or some other ingredients? I tried using water and the oil just didn't bead up the way I wanted it to.
 
I think I may break down next month and look into some manual Younguo (sp?) flash.


The Yongnuo flashes are excellent and inexpensive so you can own a bunch without breaking the bank!! I have 2 YN 560 Mark I units and 2 YN 560 Mark II units. They both have optical slaves so you can trigger them without a radio trigger which further saves you $$$. Highly recommended.
 
Lol I'd settle for ONE off camera flash ;)

(As I sit here with an old Canon 188a missing the battery cover, which contains the battery contacts, trying to fix it lol)

I swore I was going to make photography pay for itself (silly girl) but I think I may break down next month and look into some manual Younguo (sp?) flash.

Well, see, the way to justify that is that it takes money to make money. :D Maybe that one little flash is all you need to be able to make photography pay for itself, and you'll be able to then pay for the flash and more, in short order. Or maybe not, and your family will have to eat ramen noodles a while longer. :lmao:

I have a Yongnuo flash--I absolutely LOVE it. I consider it and my Tokina 100mm macro the two best investments I've made in photography (other than the camera body--since flashes and lenses tend to be a bit useless without a camera body).
I need to tuck you in my back pocket for when I need an "excuse" to spend money lol Mr. Rabbit is insanely good at spending it, I on the other hand am entirely too frugal most of the time and will make excuses why NOT to spend it lol
Mishele, are you using just water and oil or some other ingredients? I tried using water and the oil just didn't bead up the way I wanted it to.
Eric, was your water cold? The combinations I've found work best are hot water and oil and vinegar and oil. You also have to stir once in a while, once it settles it's blah. Another combination people use is water, oil and dish soap, I didn't like that one at all, it seemed to break down and get cloudy very fast.
I think I may break down next month and look into some manual Younguo (sp?) flash.


The Yongnuo flashes are excellent and inexpensive so you can own a bunch without breaking the bank!! I have 2 YN 560 Mark I units and 2 YN 560 Mark II units. They both have optical slaves so you can trigger them without a radio trigger which further saves you $$$. Highly recommended.

Thanks! Price is a huge factor, it's good to know these are great cost effective options!


Update on the missing battery cover... (that Mr. Rabbit was SUPPOSED to fix for me)
Some copper wire and some duct tape and it works! This might just keep me happy till next monthish :)
 
Mishele, are you using just water and oil or some other ingredients? I tried using water and the oil just didn't bead up the way I wanted it to.

I've never tried doing one of these shots, but warm water and oil should work well. You may also want to splurge on a bottle of Glycerin and try this shot with that since it does bead up really nicely
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #25
Great video but too much work for the result.... you could shoot a beautiful nude in half the time.
Duly noted! I'll get right on that.

Mish...I hate you. :lmao:
And since I know you love it when I talk about your photos this way:Oooooh, that's SO GOOD! Please don't STOP! Do it some more!!! :biglaugh:
You freakin crack me up!! lol I sooo missed your moaning!

Mishele, are you using just water and oil or some other ingredients? I tried using water and the oil just didn't bead up the way I wanted it to.
HOT water! It makes a huge difference. My setup is seriously ghetto. I have a place in my den that light comes through a window and makes a nice bright spot on the floor. I have to kick the dogs out of the way because they love how warm it is there...=) I set up two stools and place a Pyrex dish between them and put something shiny on the floor underneath. I don't use a tripod. I just stand and see what looks cool. (back freakin hurts afterwards...lol) Hot water/oil and I'm ready to go.
I used a CD to get this shot.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #26
That video is inspiring.... but .... gives me a huge case of flash envy *sigh*

Mr. Rabbit needs a second job!! :greenpbl:

Ah, already got that one under control, not a second job but started a new "better" job ;) Just still in that gross "in between" time.

Haha Runnah, that's already in his job description ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom