All this....hostility!

captain-spanky said:
yeah so don't be nasty about rats or pigeons either. :)
They're only where they are 'cos us humans put them there...

Don't be absurd. That comment is meaningless.

Obviously you have your own thoughts on critters. You keep 'em, then, okay, tough guy? You'll get nowhere with me.

hey i didn't mean that to sound offensive...
what i meant was if we humans didn't leave our waste everywhere, the wild rats and pigeons wouldn't be fussing around us.. :)

I would keep them if i was allowed... ;) Rats are VERY intelligent and actually cleaner than cats. And my dad kept pigeons for years as did his dad before him...
and I have nothing against cats for the record.
except for when mine slept on my pillow once and he knew damn well i was allergic to him ...

terri said:
Geronimo said:
cats are evil. That is all there is to say about them.

You've got it all wrong, both of you. Like any other animal, if treated badly they will react in kind. Treated with tlc from the get-go..... you get it back tenfold.

It's tragic that so many abandoned and abused cats who are trying to make it on their own get such a bad "personality" rap that they still receive bad treatment from humans. :roll: I suggest you think through the big picture before casting stones, literal or figurative, on any animal who has to lurk around a parking lot for a meal.

:soapbox:

Terri,
It was a tongue in cheek comment. Hell I really dont care one way or the other about how good or evil an animal is. I just personally dont like them. Bad experience or related memories. Maybe a better term would be indifferent. However my personal feelings about it terri, what you are doing is very kindhearted of you.

But still cats are evil :wink:

captain-spanky said:
hey i didn't mean that to sound offensive...
what i meant was if we humans didn't leave our waste everywhere, the wild rats and pigeons wouldn't be fussing around us.. :)

I would keep them if i was allowed... ;) Rats are VERY intelligent and actually cleaner than cats. And my dad kept pigeons for years as did his dad before him...
and I have nothing against cats for the record.
except for when mine slept on my pillow once and he knew damn well i was allergic to him ...

Sorry, but any kind of allusion to tolerance towards animal abuse kinda makes me see red....I'm glad to know I took your comment the wrong way.

Well, I think I'd draw the line at fostering baby rats, though I'd make sure they were fed. :wink: And of course you're right, the only reason they come around us is 1) loss of their own habitat and 2) we seem adept at putting out groceries (ie garbage) for them!

wrrEEEEEEEEEErrr! I was just kidding too. I could never shoot a cat. Though, why is it there are cats running rampant through towns but not dogs? My thing is that cats are just pointless. If I wanted a pet that does nothing Id get fish. And fish dont shed all over the place.

My thing is that cats are just pointless.
You need to spend some time with our cat. She is an endless source of entertainment. Not all cats are lapcats that sit on their fat ass all day. Besides, fish don't show affection like cats do so :p

terri, i can't stand abuse of any kind especially things that can't really stick up for themselves.... sometimes i can't belive some of the horrific things some people seem capable of. I have a friend who adopt dogs on a regular basis which have been harmed in some way... and i always feel sorry for the pigeons in the middle of town. :(

Graig...my cat used to do stuff all the time... brought us 'presents' every day like mice and fish and other dead things but them it got old and could only manage to give us a purr when it was stroked. Definatley not pointless.

Well, most domesticated critters, like I was saying before, will give back exactly what is given to them. If you have a busy lifestyle with no real time for a pet, but you want something.....yeah, get a fish. Shark has proven how beautiful and entertaining they can be, but you don't have to invest *cozy play time* with them.

Dogs and cats are about the same, in my book. Both my critters are happy to see me at the end of the day. Odin shows it by turning around in circles and barking with joy. The cat looks at him with disdain, but still meows at the sight of me and is instantly purring with happiness. They want to be in the same room with us at all times, and both of them are ready to play at a moment's notice. They get lots of attention and love, and give it back.

I understand how walking in a room and seeing a cat who obviously hasn't moved in a few hours makes them look "pointless", but they're not YOUR cat, or if they are, you've made yourself "pointless" to them, as well.

Most neurotic pets I've seen - destructive, mean-spirited, whatever - are the result of the treatment they've received (or lack of it) from their owners. The similarities between kids and pets is quite real. :wink:

The cat looks at him with disdain, but still meows at the sight of me and is instantly purring with happiness

i don't blame him- i'd purr at the sight of you at the end of a long day, too. :p

Osmer_Toby said:
The cat looks at him with disdain, but still meows at the sight of me and is instantly purring with happiness

i don't blame him- i'd purr at the sight of you at the end of a long day, too. :p

You don't miss a beat, do ya? :lmao: Ya goof.

All's well that ends well.... both little kittens were adopted this afternoon. :cheer:

I sure have enjoyed taking care of them..... [stifles wracking sobs] but they're together with their new mom, who is thrilled with both of them. Couldn't have asked for a better outcome. :cat:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back