terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
From something that weighs maybe 4 ounces! :cat:

We have a group of feral cats that resides near our building....and yup, it's spring, and we have our first litter. This is the hardest part of trying to control a cat colony; waiting till that magic moment when the kittens are old enough to take solid food, and being able to snatch them away from mama cat (usually only about 6 months old herself, and hissing mad). Get the little ones shots, wormed, and into good homes. Try to catch mama cat and get her spayed before she goes into heat again. :roll:

Long story short....we got the last 2 kittens today and they are in a basket next to me here, and one of them is growling with all the ferocity his 5-week old self can muster. His button blue eyes are staring balefully up at me, daring me to pet him again (which he already likes, but he'd rather die than admit it). :D

Looks like I get to babysit these 2 young uns over the weekend, and on Monday the nice woman who comes around to check on the cats, and takes in strays for adoption, will take them home for good. Whew!

<<<<----- Odin here is in for a helluva time! :p

Terri, my sister has the same feral cat problem in the complex she lives in. People keep feeding the adults but don't bother catching them so that they can be taken in and spayed/neutered. My sister has just about had it with them. She did take one in herself to be fixed but the others won't come to her. They even tried to put out a cage with food in it to catch them but the only thing they caught was their own cat.

That's really nice of you to take 'em in for the weekend. Goodluck!

vonnagy said:
ah, kittens, i just can't help but think of this :lol:

http://www.richsalter.btinternet.co.uk/cks1/index.html

MARK - you are an evil, evil boy. :p As it turns out, the kittens thrived under my care (as I expected) :wink: and Odin was absolutely smitten with them. He watched over them continuously, and cleaned their little heads whenever he got close enough. I bottle-fed them the first couple of feedings, then they figured out the saucer.

They got progressively bolder and more playful, and everyone is a little heartbroken to see them go today. Except Jinx, my 14 year old cat, who has turned her back to me and I know I'm in for some major payback. :LOL:

Not Neve: the mama cat is still out there and she is going to be caught as soon as possible, to be spayed. The woman who comes here and feeds them is a big spay supporter, she just needs $ help. I already told her I'd pay for this mama as soon as we catch her. I've done this before at my old job; it is frustrating (we caught a possum once!) but it can be done.

I hate cats. I think they should have open season on them around appartment complexes. Id post up with my 30-06 and take care of those pesky rodents. :gun:

Geronimo said:
cats are evil. That is all there is to say about them.

You've got it all wrong, both of you. Like any other animal, if treated badly they will react in kind. Treated with tlc from the get-go..... you get it back tenfold.

It's tragic that so many abandoned and abused cats who are trying to make it on their own get such a bad "personality" rap that they still receive bad treatment from humans. :roll: I suggest you think through the big picture before casting stones, literal or figurative, on any animal who has to lurk around a parking lot for a meal.

:soapbox:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back