Allie McQueen, PDX Drag Queen.

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple months back I posted on facebook looking for someone to photograph because it was a really nice day, and the first response I got was from one of my favorite PDX performers, Allie McQueen. An hour later we were on location shooting. I love doing spontaneous shoots like this!

$_MG_1116.jpg$_MG_1132.jpg$_MG_1181.jpg$_MG_1192.jpg

Interesting series; I think #3 would be MUCH stronger if cloned out that little bit of street view in the ULH corner.

I gotta say I love the way the masculinity comes through here.

I gotta say I love the way the masculinity comes through here.
Thanks! I love blurring the lines of gender roles. I love to photograph the vulnerability of men and the strength of females, and when it comes to queens I get to do both. It's a lot of fun.

Interesting series; I think #3 would be MUCH stronger if cloned out that little bit of street view in the ULH corner.
I agree a bit, but I also like the way it contributes to the lines in the photo. I probably could have included it in a way that would have made it less distracting though.

Whenever I see your photos, I think damn I take boring pics! :mrgreen:
I would like to see some smiles or grins...not so serious but good work nonetheless!

Whenever I see your photos, I think damn I take boring pics! :mrgreen:
I would like to see some smiles or grins...not so serious but good work nonetheless!

Hahaha, uh, thanks? :p
Go out and take some interesting portraits! It takes an interesting subject and an interesting perspective.

Nice set, I really like the low contrast. #4 is my fave, but they're all pretty awesome. More incredible than the set, perhaps, is that he was ready in an hour!

Great set and it looks like probably a fun shoot.

The white balance is probably correct in #'s 1 and 2 but it's a little cool due to the overcast day. You might consider nudging it just a _very_ slight amount toward the warmer side. #'s 3 and 4 are getting a warmer look with the lighting.

Overall I think #4 is my favorite.

Great set and it looks like probably a fun shoot.

The white balance is probably correct in #'s 1 and 2 but it's a little cool due to the overcast day. You might consider nudging it just a _very_ slight amount toward the warmer side. #'s 3 and 4 are getting a warmer look with the lighting.

Overall I think #4 is my favorite.
Thanks for the feedback! The cool tones were added by me in post-processing. All part of my vision. Same with the third and fourth.

These are good and after reading the above I can see you achieved your goals. I have no idea what PDX is nor do I need to know. :D

These are good and after reading the above I can see you achieved your goals. I have no idea what PDX is nor do I need to know. :D

It's just the airport in Portland. Portland Maine's call sign is PWM.

Also pdx is a tabloid paper started in the 90's.

It's just the airport in Portland. Portland Maine's call sign is PWM.

Also pdx is a tabloid paper started in the 90's.
PDX is the airport at the other Portland (Oregon).

Most reactions

Back