Almost forgot the simple pleasure of----

My God..!!!
Is this right.?
How the heck could they get away with that.?
WHY would anybody taker their film to a place that did not return the negs..???
Crazy right! Yeah, all the Walgreens, at least here in St. Louis do not give your color negs back and do not do BW at all.
Now, at the lab I work at we tell our customers we keep their negs for 30 days (actually more like 3 months) then we discard them. BUT.....75% never pick their negs up.....!!??!!
We have a back log all the time of around 200-300 neg orders.
Same goes for prints for film, after 90 days we call and say you have 30 days to pick up or we discard them. Prints from digital we keep for 1 year then call and say you have 30 days to pick up or they will be discarded.

Moved up to my own Koni Omega Rapid (remember them?) ...
My favorite medium format camera for hand-held work. The built-in hoods on the 60, 90 and 180mm lenses are a nice touch, though they really should be fitted with filter threads.

Don't know why but a a few weeks ago I took my trusty Nikon FM off the shelf. Batteries dead as disco so I purchased two 1.5 "button types" and mounted an AI-S 35mm f2.8 lens.
Even checked meter against a hand held meter---all just right. Loaded up a 36 exposure roll of film and that was it--ready to go. The camera still had that smooth operation, and
the lens was just as smooth.
Out for a shoot, nothing fancy, basic snap shots, brought the film to Walgreens, 8 days later it came back. Nice, brilliant colors, great contrast, just nice images. One mistake when
turned the aperture ring the wrong way. I even mounted my MD12 for a few shots--again, smooth as can be.
Sitting at home reviewing the prints I realized I didn't need to go into the computer to adjust or change this or that; what a pleasure!
If you have a film camera gathering dust, clean it up and shoot some film! I'd even go so far as to say the experience is rewarding.
Oh, I still use my D780 but I just may drop that FM in the bag as a backup!
Thank you for sharing most valuable information like this.Looking forward..
Thanks in advance

Don't know why but a a few weeks ago I took my trusty Nikon FM off the shelf. Batteries dead as disco so I purchased two 1.5 "button types" and mounted an AI-S 35mm f2.8 lens.
Even checked meter against a hand held meter---all just right. Loaded up a 36 exposure roll of film and that was it--ready to go. The camera still had that smooth operation, and
the lens was just as smooth.
Out for a shoot, nothing fancy, basic snap shots, brought the film to Walgreens, 8 days later it came back. Nice, brilliant colors, great contrast, just nice images. One mistake when
turned the aperture ring the wrong way. I even mounted my MD12 for a few shots--again, smooth as can be.
Sitting at home reviewing the prints I realized I didn't need to go into the computer to adjust or change this or that; what a pleasure!
If you have a film camera gathering dust, clean it up and shoot some film! I'd even go so far as to say the experience is rewarding.
Oh, I still use my D780 but I just may drop that FM in the bag as a backup!

I too love my D780. But it's a joy to thread a roll of B/W film into the FM or F3, and hit the streets. I purchased my FM in the late 70's, and it's still going strong. And the feel of the F3 in hand should be experienced by all.

SVP

Missing You - resized.jpg

Most reactions

Back