Along came a spider.

haynchinook334

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Caught this guy while at work the other day. Put him/her in a critter box and took some pictures (released it after I was done). Tell me what you think. C&C is more then welcomed.

picture.php

Maybe me, but think theres something missing, but cant figure it out.

Yeah it worked, funky looking spider I like it but the big water mark and frame takes away from the shot IMO. good find though :)

Is that seriously a camel spider???! Yikes, those things can be scary. What setings were you using with the shot.

Josh, I believe the two in your picture are female.( might be wrong) but, those ones with the suction cup looking things on the sides might be female. Those are the ones that suppose to get as big as dinner plates.

mommy22
The settings were:
ISO: 100
f/2.8
SP.100
Yes, I think it's a male camel spider.

Photonewbie86: Yeah the water mark is distracting, it was the first time I ever played with editing.

thanks for the nightmares!

Sorry about that ana b. Not to many things I can take photos of.
Here is one I caught yesterday. A lot skinner and a lot bigger.

Settings were"
ISO: 200
f/2.8
SP. 100

DSC_1123.jpg

It's just I have always lived in open areas, and lets say I should be used to "the usual suspects" but I see something move out of the corner of my eye and I still get jumpy..

We get this little guy here, Its kinda like a cricket on steroids it can get upto 2in which to me is giant! hehehe .. ;) and your spider reminded me of it.
This is not my pic but just wanted to show you :D

That's crazy. You get use to seeing ants that are 1/4'' long, then KABOOM....you see that thing. That would really freak me out.

Spiders don't creep me out as much, cockroaches..:gah:...now, that's another story.:shock:

P.S.: Little Miss Muffet sat on a tuffet, eating her curds and whey.
All that protein and she still ran away?

Spiders don't creep me out as much, cockroaches..:gah:...now, that's another story.:shock:

Just because I am loving this creepy crawler thread and because I have to spread the nightmares so the weird cricket thing won't come and get me... I'll tell you this horrible, terrible, almost unspeakable story, which is not an urban legend and did indeed happen to me. (short version of course)

When I was around 12 (my memory has been working hard to forget this you know) chasing my brother out into the patio (to punch him of course!!) I stepped on something that crunched and got wet. oooh yes people!! I stepped BAREFOOT on a cockroach and the goo got in between my toes.

yes I wanted to cut my foot off!!... after scrubbing with what seemed all the most toxic chemicals in my home I had nothing left but a horrible trauma that will haunt me forever and ever... :gah:

Ana b., that looks like a potato bug to me. I had one bite my hand once.

This is not my pic but...

Watch out for the forum police! :biglaugh:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back