Along the Cornish Coast

digital flower

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
digitalflowerpictures.com
I'm not much of a landscape photographer. I would like to hear any suggestions for improvement.
#1 Coastline @ Port Issac

cornwallcoast12ppfnt.jpg

#2 Padstow

dockptissacppf.jpg

#3 Boats in Padstow

padstowboatsppf.jpg

#4 Three small boats. The ocean was fairly crazy and I couldn't imagine going out in one of these.

3boatsppf.jpg

#5 The main harbor @ Padstow

piboatsukppf.jpg

#6 Sunset at Tentagle (thats is far as the D70 kit lens would reach)

cornishsunsetppf.jpg

#7 Couldn't resist. A couple of late afternoon shutterbugs.

Chtrsunsetcrwllppf2.jpg

First one is nicely composed but needs a bit of straightening.
Lovely light in 6 and 7. The building in #6 is a bit too centered for my taste as well as the horizon line.
Welcome to TPF :D

Perhaps a polarizer to bring out some of the details/clouds in the sky. Nice pictures though. I especially like the first one.

~Robert

JonK said:
First one is nicely composed but needs a bit of straightening.
Lovely light in 6 and 7. The building in #6 is a bit too centered for my taste as well as the horizon line.
Welcome to TPF :D
:thumbup: :D

Thanks for the comments, everyone. I tried straightening #1. I couldn't tell if I should go I little more.

cornwallcoast2ppf.jpg

I think your right about this picture and it will probably go on the scrap heap. I really missed the shot as a few minutes before sheep had been grazing in the flat area near the house (castle). I tried cropping it but the picture really stinks now!

cornishsunsetppf2.jpg

I wish I had a polarizer with me. I tried to turn up the blues a bit on the cropped versions. Your right, it looks better. The sky and light was very odd. Even if there looked liked there was no clouds it remained very gray and bleak. The sky kind of melted into the land.

All in all I guess they came out all right for vacation pictures.

Thanks for the welcome.
Chris

Most reactions

New Topics

Back