TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'd like some feedback, C&C very welcome :) :hug::
BTW these are ships passing by;)

DSC05720.jpg

Boat.jpg

I have some more, if you guys like these I will post some more later!

way too dark use a longer shuttre speed or larger aperature to get more detail. Try raising your ISO if you still are getting dark photos

Thanks for the advice, although, I have no clue how to get a picture that is taken at night with a long exposure less dark. The first one is the best, just because you see the background a bit better, I didn't manage to get it brighter though. I will try another time, maybe even tonight, today my eye fell on a spot with a big factory with a lot of lights on it. I thought it be awesome at night. You will see them soon:)

The first does not look too dark to me, and is noisy enough to suggest high ISO. And if these are SHIPS making such light trails, then it is certain that you did use a long shutter speed! No doubt.

However I am not so fond of the first because of the very centred horizon. When you go out again tonight, you might want to watch that.

The second is dark but the light and its reflection/distribution on the water surface is nice in that one. Plus the horizon is not quite as centred.

Thanks so much LaFoto, really I didn't know that a centered horizon wasn't good for the photo. I certainly did use a long exposure, I think it was 5 sec. I'm going out tonight for sure, I hope I can do better this time:) Thanks a lot for your advice!

Most reactions

Back