Alphabet Photo Project

I - Ink
About 9 years ago, I decided I wanted a nice pen - nothing fancy, just something nicer than the usual disposable plastic ones. I went for a bike ride to pick it up; my ride was about 12 miles round trip, and I think the pen cost about $8. When I got back, there was smoke everywhere. My apartment building had burned down and I lost most of my belongings. But I had my new pen, and it's been in my bag ever since.

I - Ink
by adamhiram, on Flickr

J - Juice
Learning portrait lighting gets expensive when the flashes use AA batteries. Hopefully these will help!

J - Juice
by adamhiram, on Flickr

Last edited:
After a 3 year hiatus, I decided to resume this series. Why start a new photo project when I didn't finish the last one yet?

K - Kiddo
I always ask him to pose and smile for the camera, but goofy shots like this one show his real personality.

20210122-DSC_1677a
by adamhiram, on Flickr

L - Lego
Once again, my kid's toys have become my subject. Originally shot with a single light camera left, I decided to add a blue gelled backlight and a 2nd fill light camera right so Luke Skywalker's face wasn't in complete shadow. I used a stacked second exposure to get R2D2 and C3PO in focus as well. The background is black commando cloth, and the landscape is courtesy of an old space station Lego set from 1984.

20210306-DSC_1972a
by adamhiram, on Flickr

Great start, can't wait to see what Q and X bring!

After a 3 year hiatus, I decided to resume this series. Why start a new photo project when I didn't finish the last one yet?

K - Kiddo
I always ask him to pose and smile for the camera, but goofy shots like this one show his real personality.

20210122-DSC_1677a
by adamhiram, on Flickr

This is an excellent family/lifestyle shot! Glad to see you pick this back up!

Some varied and fantastically original photographs in here. Very pleasing.

Back again 1 year later.

M - Missing (teeth)
Hard to believe he was only 3 years old when I started this project.

Nikon Z6II + FTZ + Sigma 135mm f/1.8
1/320s, f/4, ISO 100
Natural light

20220205-DSC_5892a by adamhiram, on Flickr

O - Optimus Prime

One of the coolest Lego sets I've ever seen. It really transforms!

Nikon Z6II + FTZ + Sigma 135mm f/1.8
1/100s, f/2.5, ISO 3200
Natural light

20220201-DSC_5849a by adamhiram, on Flickr

Love the missing teeth. Lil'Bit has lost three so far.

Love the missing teeth. Lil'Bit has lost three so far.
I don’t think I noticed it in any photos, but I always think it’s a cute look!

I don’t think I noticed it in any photos, but I always think it’s a cute look!

Her's are on the bottom so they don't show as much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back