Alternate project- Due Feb 29th

S .... X

No subliminal message there!! :sexywink:

IMG_4822b.jpg

Working from home today, and between meetings I wandered the house in search of letters, and found absolutely nothing. Nothing nothing nothing. Nada. Zippo. I started thinking "I just suck at this whole photography thing" (could be true...) when I saw this X...

2280159576_e457a421bd_o.jpg

...in the back of a chair in the dining room. So I got all kinds of excited and shot the pic, popped the card out of the camera, popped into into the computer and then...

2280159636_4a94b657cd_o.jpg

There's this stylized lower case "i" in the vent on my computer. Had to see the right light reflected off the case to get it.

That was fun and made me think very three dimensionally - cool assignment.

Now the BIG challenge: find a LETTER in FOOD that is RED. Hmm...

ok, the door has an "h" and the saw is kind of like a jagged "o"

hdoor.jpg

osaw.jpg

Working from home today, and between meetings I wandered the house in search of letters, and found absolutely nothing. Nothing nothing nothing. Nada. Zippo. I started thinking "I just suck at this whole photography thing" (could be true...) when I saw this X...

2280159636_4a94b657cd_o.jpg

There's this stylized lower case "i" in the vent on my computer. Had to see the right light reflected off the case to get it.

That was fun and made me think very three dimensionally - cool assignment.

Now the BIG challenge: find a LETTER in FOOD that is RED. Hmm...

I totally saw a capital "R! But awesome pictures!'

Great pictures everyone! I get excited everytime I see someone post in this thread.. lol
Thank you for participating, and I am excited to see what everyone else comes up with! Happy shooting!

...but I didn't see it until you mentioned it, Meg. In fact, there's an A in there as well. All the better, this assignment.

And Keithg - your shots are very, very lovely. The contrast is so broad they look almost infrared...or like an HDR black and white. Really nice work.

Oh, and I made my personal "ultimate assignment" challenge work last night! I made stuffed bell peppers and found the letter "D" in RED FOOD - pininging all three February assignments! And before I could set up a shot, my son ate it. Sigh.

So...I did this:

The letter "O"...
"Red" lunar eclipse...
"Food"? Well, the moon is made of cheese, right?

2281863068_acd482262c_o.jpg

Best I could do - my old lenses stopped working with my new camera body, and I got five practice shots of the eclipse off before the lens failed entirely again.

Wow that is gorgeous! I couldn't even see the Lunar eclipse, it was cloudy here.. :(

Man did you scream at your son and tell him he ate your assignment.. LOL

I just made him share his supper with me!

I took a few shots of the moon too...not great shots, but there was a very distinct blue, what looked like a planet up and to the right of the moon in all my shots. Was using my 300mm zoom on a tripod with remote. Turned out, at least from what I hear, there was another planet that was supposed to be aligned with the sun, moon and earth at the same time. Saturn perhaps? Dunno, kinda cool though seeing it in the pic. From the color, woulda suspected Venus. Anyone know?

...below and to the left. I'll have to look that up.

Regulus. Slightly above and to the right, bright and blue, one of the brightest stars in the nigth sky from what I read.

I think it was Regulus. Did some research myself. Given how clear it was in the photo, looked like a planet..but being a noob that I am, the shot was out of really out of focus. Posted a pic in the general gallery section of the forum. Thanks for the info though. If it wasn't so late and cold out, I would have gone out and attempted to shot more pictures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back