What's new

Alternative Nikon rear lens caps?

Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
3,719
Reaction score
534
Location
Here N There
Mine keep wearing out so they just get more and more loose. Is there alternative improved designs? I am thinking silicone cups that you can snap fit or something. Quick search on Google doesn't turn up anything other than the usual hard plastic ones.
 
Last edited:
I bought one of those to try it. They are OK, but I don't have a strong preference for it over the standard Nikon one. Definitely worth trying one, however.
 
How tightly are you cinching them on??? They are wearing out? I have some 40 year-old Nikon caps that still fit well...maybe the newer Nikkors are shipping with crap caps...I dunno, I just bought my first new Nikkor lens in three or more years this summer...

The white plastic push-on caps that came with Nikon Series E lenses do not seem to wear out...I have some, all from the mid-1980's or earlier...still working well...25 years or more later...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom