Always ask the preacher...

Personally, I am not a fan of flash being used during a ceremony, even if it is allowed. Some churches have rules that disallow the use of flash, they may not even know why they have the rule, and they may not be able to explain it to you, but they are the rules by which you must play. Simply saying that they feel that flash is disruptive and distracting is a good enough reason for me. Things change without notice. Part of being a professional, is being able to adapt to the situation and get the job done.

I realize I'm being a dick,

Right on the button. Almost certainly the smartest thing you said yesterday.
Yes, one of my brighter moments.

The result is that the preacher gets a massive barrage of non-stop flashes in his face and I can well see it being both distracting and also a touch disrespectful during the ceremony (because its treating it like a form of entertainment - like going to the footy - rather than a religious service).

That's the reason we got when we got married.

I was hoping our pastor wasn't going to restrict our photographer, but he did... and he stated that all the flashing causes him to lose his spot on the ceremony outline, or whatever it is he's reading, and that in order to allow the thing to go without a hiccup, there should be no flash during the ceremony.

I mean... he's an old dude, so I guess I can understand losing your spot while reading if your retinas have been burned with a flash moments before. :lol:

We're not Catholic though. We're non-denominational Christians so... it's not just a Catholic thing.

You'd think that someone that has dedicated is life to a profession wouldn't have to read his lines from a book. Professionally lazy IMO.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back