Am I CRAZY for wanting to do this??

MohaimenK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So this started as a joke as many things do in my life and it becomes something serious and more of a reality. I joked about going to Europe and wanting to shoot a wedding and yesterday it became more of a serious topic. So today I came and asked for the month of July off and I got it. Destination.......ITALY!

Uncle in Italy said if I went there, he'd take me pretty much anywhere and show me around. Now my main obstacle is to find a wedding photographer who'd actually let me work with him/her side by side for a wedding. FOR FREE I know it's going to be once in a life time thing for me right now. But should I be holding my breath?? I should be booking tickets soon.

I talk to a photographer in Lithuania on FB and I've sent him a message to ask. If he declines, I will start e-mailing as many photographers in Italy and Lith.

So am I CRAZY for wanting this? I think this would be HUGE for me. To be able to show my work in a beautiful European country.

Any other ideas? I'm sure there are lots of European photographers here that maybe able to help me on this?? :hail:

I have 7 months till I find 1-2 photographers.

Mo! I'm doing the exact same except in my home country The Netherlands and then Germany. Hahah i'm going in June! Not for weedings though just for street and other photos. Definately within reach my friend.

The trouble is you could end up shooting with someone off a begginers forum who calls themselves a Wedding photographer. I think i would use the money to go on a wedding workshop with an International award winning photographer like this one, thats what i would do if i wanted to shoot weddings
Documentary Nottingham Wedding Photographers, Derby Wedding Photographers

Thanks guys. Gsgary, good idea. Although my main reason to go to Europe is for 1 month with the wife, to travel. So I have to spend money for that. Beside traveling and visiting the countries, I want to be able to at least shoot one or two weddings if I can. I've pulled up a list of wedding photographers from both countries and will shortly start sending them emails. I know one person who I speak to often from here who's a wonderful wedding photographer. If he accepts then it ends there because shooting side by side w/ him would be a great opportunity.

But thank you for the website. I will check it out also. It maybe something I end up doing if I can't find a photographer.

Thanks guys. Gsgary, good idea. Although my main reason to go to Europe is for 1 month with the wife, to travel. So I have to spend money for that. Beside traveling and visiting the countries, I want to be able to at least shoot one or two weddings if I can. I've pulled up a list of wedding photographers from both countries and will shortly start sending them emails. I know one person who I speak to often from here who's a wonderful wedding photographer. If he accepts then it ends there because shooting side by side w/ him would be a great opportunity.

But thank you for the website. I will check it out also. It maybe something I end up doing if I can't find a photographer.

If you get to Lithuania try and set up a fashion shoot, i went there on my motorbike they have the most beautiful women i have ever seen

Italy is amazing. Just amazing. You are going to have an incredible time. You will take photos all day and all night. I am very happy for you.

Last edited:
If you get to Lithuania try and set up a fashion shoot, i went there on my motorbike they have the most beautiful women i have ever seen

YES SIR! You don't have to tell me that twice! LOL I been following some of their work for a couple months now and the women are beautiful! The churches are beautiful. The scenes are just magnificent!

Putting a work or two from there in my website/portfolio would be amazing!

G'Girl you know it! I will probably not get much sleep while I'm down there. Just picturing it in my head got me extremely excited!!!!

Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. I see threads where people in Europe wish the shoot weddings in the US. I agree though, weddings in Europe look so much classier.

YES SIR! You don't have to tell me that twice! LOL I been following some of their work for a couple months now and the women are beautiful! The churches are beautiful. The scenes are just magnificent!

Putting a work or two from there in my website/portfolio would be amazing!

G'Girl you know it! I will probably not get much sleep while I'm down there. Just picturing it in my head got me extremely excited!!!!

How about a shoot here
78661182_ekwWS-L.jpg

Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. I see threads where people in Europe wish the shoot weddings in the US. I agree though, weddings in Europe look so much classier.

See man I told u I was gonna do it! hahaha
It all started as a joke between us but man I'm doing it! I say you tag along man!

Most reactions

Back