Am I CRAZY for wanting to do this??

How about a shoot here
78661182_ekwWS-L.jpg

Where is that?

Now don't expect to use any of the photos taken in your portfolio. (It wouldnt be anything against you but when I shoot weddings I have the 2nd shooter use my cards so I can just take them home and I dont have to worry about returning them.)

But that would be really fun! (Just to say that you did it) ;)

Italy is an amazing country for pictures. I wish I had this forum plus my current camera when I went to Venice--however that wasn't the case. Regardless I still got some amazing shots. The buildings where I were so vibrantly colored that they made for GREAT photo opportunities at every turn. It was so beautiful compared to living in the city surrounded by suburban cloned houses!

Very nice idea and not crazy at all. But do you speak anything besides english?

If you hook up with one of the few European photogs who show their work here at least you know you'll be able to communicate. And you've seen their work. Trying to find a photographer by just looking for websites when you don't speak the language may be a bit harder.

You may also want to keep in mind that what you see here and would see on websites is going to be the most interesting work and there is no guarantee of being there when this photog or another happen to be shooting in a great location.

Most weddings I have attended in France where not that interesting visually. There were two that I photographed that took place 1/ in the family's castle and 2/ in the family's ancestral home, both with private chapels but, in a way, they were more interesting because of the couples involved than the locations. Although the castle was a pretty nice one.

Only one wedding that I can remember actually had an official photog and he was there for about an hour shooting the formal type portraits right after the ceremony. Of course, what I am telling you is only valid in France as I have no idea what other countries do. Although it may explain what Schwettylens talks about even though I have never seen any such threads.

Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. I see threads where people in Europe wish the shoot weddings in the US. I agree though, weddings in Europe look so much classier.

From my experience of french weddings it could be that those photogs are jealous of the kind of money some US wedding photogs make :D

Now don't expect to use any of the photos taken in your portfolio. (It wouldnt be anything against you but when I shoot weddings I have the 2nd shooter use my cards so I can just take them home and I dont have to worry about returning them.)

I don't agree. Not in this case. A european photog wouldn't worry about it since Mo is not trying to establish himself there. But it would be good to discuss it before going just to make sure.

I don't agree. Not in this case. A european photog wouldn't worry about it since Mo is not trying to establish himself there. But it would be good to discuss it before going just to make sure.

If they give you permission to tag along and they know that you are actually taking photos, then the photos belong to YOU! You can do whatever you want with them without permission.

Selling them back to HIS client would be unethical and maybe even illegal (probably not) but other than that, I'd absolutely use any shots you get on a personal promotional website, etc.

After all, the shots you take of the same pose could certainly come out better than the paid photographer. So no way he can tell you what to do with them once he agrees to allow you to tag along.

I would tell them that, I'd have to be able to use the photos. But also I thought Europe didn't have any model release form laws??

It varies by country I believe certainones have verbal agreement laws I guess you could say where you do not need the paper release.
You just agree verbally with a handshake and there you go. Get to work, shoot away and boom you both part ways.

Very nice idea and not crazy at all. But do you speak anything besides english?

If you hook up with one of the few European photogs who show their work here at least you know you'll be able to communicate. And you've seen their work. Trying to find a photographer by just looking for websites when you don't speak the language may be a bit harder.

You may also want to keep in mind that what you see here and would see on websites is going to be the most interesting work and there is no guarantee of being there when this photog or another happen to be shooting in a great location.

Most weddings I have attended in France where not that interesting visually. There were two that I photographed that took place 1/ in the family's castle and 2/ in the family's ancestral home, both with private chapels but, in a way, they were more interesting because of the couples involved than the locations. Although the castle was a pretty nice one.

Only one wedding that I can remember actually had an official photog and he was there for about an hour shooting the formal type portraits right after the ceremony. Of course, what I am telling you is only valid in France as I have no idea what other countries do. Although it may explain what Schwettylens talks about even though I have never seen any such threads.

Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. I see threads where people in Europe wish the shoot weddings in the US. I agree though, weddings in Europe look so much classier.

From my experience of french weddings it could be that those photogs are jealous of the kind of money some US wedding photogs make :D

I think in Lithuania they speak good English? I even seen some shirts that's in English selling on streets, in some photographs of a wedding. lol Italy, well my uncle is there so he can translate for me. But I sure hope so.

Perhaps I should buy some Rosetta Stones??

Most reactions

Back