Am I on the right trak......

1-3 aren't bad, 4 has some little car in it, and then there is 5. I've taken my ambien for the night so forgive me if I'm out of line, but he looks like a silly ***** with a shiny prop gun that he wouldn't be able to fire even if he wanted to. And, I bet he had to dilute that turkey with something after the shot to drink it, if he actually did.

Sorry about this. I KNOW not to get online after ambien, lol. I tend to joke too much with people that don't know me.

Booze and firearms..... Good mix!

Put a blank line between each photo so they aren't right up against each other. Let each photo stand on its own.
The presentation of your work is just about as important as the planning and set up you do before you release the shutter.

If you post more than 2 photos it's nice if you number them making it easier, and more likely, for people to comment.

The one of the guy is the best of them all. The light coming from low makes the scene more sinister. His face is somewhat under exposed.

The shot of the girl has poor lighting (raccoon eyes), shoulders square to the camera seldom make a nice pose, the purse could have been left out of the shot, shes sort of slouching, all in all just a snap shot.

All the others seem to indicate you have some gaps in your technical understanding of photography. Things like dynamic range, exposure, metering, diffraction, depth-of-field, image editing....

So to answer your question - No! I don't think you're on the right track, but I think you are close. You obviously put some though into what you are doing, but I think you need to sweat the artistic and technical details quite a bit more.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help and feedback.

Okay...a lot of photos for anything very detailed, so these are kind of "first impression" C&Cs:
1. Good idea, and the composition is nice. But the top of tower being cut off is distracting, as is the light glare. I know the glare was part of the intent, but it's too much and too distracting. IMO.
2. This is one of those "exceptions" when centering the photo works, I think. Good symmetry, and a nice perspective. It needs to be straightened though, and the sky is blown out.
3. Building is nicely lit, but I think I'd like it better if the building was shifted towards the right edge of the photo instead of centered. The light trails aren't doing much for me, as they are too thick and blurred for my taste.
4. Not sure what you were after, but for me this is just a snapshot. An over-processed one. It's tilted and the car is so distracting as to become the subject of the photo. The buildings *might* have been interesting if they weren't behind all that fencing and hedge.
5. Is a picture. 'Nuff said.
6. I'm not a portrait person, so limited C&C. But at least none of her parts are cut off! I do wonder about the purse; makes it look like just a snapshot. Which, perhaps, it was.
7. Nice lighting, I like the motion blur of the water. It's a little over-saturated for my tastes. This is my favorite of all of them.

Keep shooting! Except for #5. Stop doing that. :lol:

1-3 aren't bad, 4 has some little car in it, and then there is 5. I've taken my ambien for the night so forgive me if I'm out of line, but he looks like a silly ***** with a shiny prop gun that he wouldn't be able to fire even if he wanted to. And, I bet he had to dilute that turkey with something after the shot to drink it, if he actually did.

Sorry about this. I KNOW not to get online after ambien, lol. I tend to joke too much with people that don't know me.

Meh...I do that ALL the time, and I don't have medications for an excuse... :lol:

(#5) I just don't see any artistic elements with it. Looks like youtook a snapshot of an abusive drunk and he aint too happy about it. :lol:
Ever been pissed off at the world with a bottle of (good) bourbon, access to a hand gun and a total disdain of everything that has been a part of your life?

I'm diggin' #5.

Disclaimer: I am a noob at photography. but just my $.02
1. is a good pic with a bad comp, it would be great to see the top of the water tower.
2. My favorite - was great with a bad sky, blown out. I'd love to know how you could have fixed that, as you don't want to under expose the forground. would faster shutter help?
3. I like the color, and the lighting on the building, though I'm not sold... not sure why
4. HDR I assume? it is processed great, but the car in the forground is distracting and the tree on the right side.
5. Hate the lighting under the table b/c of the clear shadows. Makes me wonder why there was a light under the table in this story. Could you have gotten softer shadows?
6. snapshot. model is not looking "into it". No comp quality/creativity.
7. Cool, did you use a ND filter to get that exp in daytime? - my only crit is that I think it's over saturated.
To answer your first question - yes I thnk you're on the right track! thanks for sharing

Most reactions

Back