AMA races...

dry3210

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My buddy had free tickets so I figured I'd go and try and get some pictures. I still have a lot more to go through but here are a few. I was trying to work on my panning and am pretty disappointed I didn't get really any good 'in corner' pictures because of that. C&C welcome

index.php

This guy crashed pretty quickly. I didn't catch the crash though as I was following someone in front of him

index.php

His bike seemed to have faired pretty well

index.php

index.php

index.php

Bit over exposed?

index.php

I should probably crop out the camping area in the background

index.php

Dark side of the bike but I like the shot still

index.php

I believe this guy crashed pretty bad later

index.php

index.php

Nice shots! Were you at NJMP last weekend? I was there and shot over 1000 pics. I have 490 that are decent. What equipment did you use?

Man I used to love AMA when I was a teenager...

These are very nice, good job. :thumbup:

Nice shots! Were you at NJMP last weekend? I was there and shot over 1000 pics. I have 490 that are decent. What equipment did you use?

Yep NJMP last weekend. I was there just Saturday. I took over 1500 pictures and half only gone through about half of that and kept about 150 of those. I am kind of disappointed as I take pictures...review them while out there and they look good on the camera so I stick with those settings but when I get home and see them on the computer they don't look nearly as good as far as being non-blurry and exposure wise. I've noticed this ever since I got my camera. Its hard to adjust settings when needed when they look good on the camera.

I'm using a t1i with a 55-250mm lens.

You post any up?

And thanks for the comments edouble and Neil

Yep NJMP last weekend. I was there just Saturday. I took over 1500 pictures and half only gone through about half of that and kept about 150 of those. I am kind of disappointed as I take pictures...review them while out there and they look good on the camera so I stick with those settings but when I get home and see them on the computer they don't look nearly as good as far as being non-blurry and exposure wise. I've noticed this ever since I got my camera. Its hard to adjust settings when needed when they look good on the camera.

I'm using a t1i with a 55-250mm lens.

You post any up?

And thanks for the comments edouble and Neil

Man that sucks about your on camera LCD. I always zoom in when viewing on the LCD to get a good look at the sharpness of the photo.

I was at the track Saturday and Sunday. Weather was perfect and racing was excellent!!!

I was using a D5000 and a Nikon 70-200 f2.8 VRII lens. I was shooting at 1/200 ISO200 at 200mm mostly. This setting worked great for panning. I wish I would have adjusted the ss for different parts of the track. A faster ss would have made on coming bikes and going away bikes from me sharper. I found that turn 1 and 6 were the best spots for shooting. Actually all points in between 1 and 6 were good as well. I am 5'8" and I wish the fence wasn't so tall! I bumped my lens hood a few time on the fence.

I got lucky and was sitting at turn 1 when the military helicopter flew in. I have awesome shots of that. He was less than 100 feet from me. I was able to get alot of mid turn pics and a couple wrecks. My favorite pics are of the riders going by waving and the race winner riding by waving the checkered flag.

I have been very busy this week. I should have pics on my flickr next week. I will keep you posted as to when they are up.

Last edited:
Nice shots. Thanks for posting them. Hey edouble, are you on zx-10r.net? Your username looks very familiar.

Nice shots. Thanks for posting them. Hey edouble, are you on zx-10r.net? Your username looks very familiar.

Yes I am. You aren't fmbks are you?

1/200! I'm scared to go anything below 1/500 for motorcycles and 1/320ish for cars

1/200! I'm scared to go anything below 1/500 for motorcycles and 1/320ish for cars

Why is that? You should be able to hand hold 1/focal length. Panning is certainly necessary. I found the hardest was to decide which focus point to use. I ended up using a focus point on the left of AF area (mostly).

Why is that? You should be able to hand hold 1/focal length. Panning is certainly necessary. I found the hardest was to decide which focus point to use. I ended up using a focus point on the left of AF area (mostly).

I have no idea why that is to tell you the truth...I guess I just have it in my head that something moving that fast needs a faster shutter but I guess it really comes down to panning abilities and not shutter speed.

Oh and I was carrying around one of those foldable chairs to stand on to get over the fence with shooting as I'm not tall by any means!

I'll have to play with panning some more and various shutters next time I have a chance (plenty of my buddies are always going to NJMP for track days)

Yes I am. You aren't fmbks are you?

No but I ride with him all the time!

Haha no ****! He is coming to my house this Sunday. I wrecked my bike two weeks ago. I was mid turn, leaned over too far and jumped on the gas too hard and spun the rear tire. Before I could do anything to correct it me and my bike were sliding on asphalt at 80mph. I decided to part it out rather than fix it. Frame, engine, wheels, swingarm all good. Fmbks bought my engine and a few other parts.

Small world!

Most reactions

Back