Hi all!
Well, Im about to buy my first DSLR camera, so Im on a basic level
Im mostly interested on portrait photos (just like in weddings and the like, just as a hobby, not for comercial purposes, of course!)
So, doing some research, I came to these options:
Canon Eos Rebel XS
Canon Eos Rebel T3
Canon Eos Rebel T1i
And as I see, for my purpose and for the use Im going to give to it, I think the only important difference between Rebel XS and the others is the Digic 3 versus Digic 4 processor.
I was tempted to buy t3 or t1i because I read that Digic 4 provides sharper images under low light (of course, providing you have a high quality lens that allows enough light to get to the sensor)
Im unclear whether Rebel XS has the same kind of sensor than T3 and T1i
Would you please give some input on this? It seems to me as if Digic 4 represents little improvement over Digic 3. What do you think about it?
And still, lens quality would be more important in any case, right?
Finally, in additon to my new camera, I will be getting an EF 50mm f1.8 II lens, for portrait purposes. Do you think it is a wise decision?
Well, hope you can help me to take a decision regarding what camera and what lens to buy.
by the way, high megapixel and the ability to take Full HD video and HDMI connection is not something Im excited about... My concern is whether digic 4 will give me noticeable sharper images than digic 3
Thanks to you all!!
bam
Well, Im about to buy my first DSLR camera, so Im on a basic level
Im mostly interested on portrait photos (just like in weddings and the like, just as a hobby, not for comercial purposes, of course!)
So, doing some research, I came to these options:
Canon Eos Rebel XS
Canon Eos Rebel T3
Canon Eos Rebel T1i
And as I see, for my purpose and for the use Im going to give to it, I think the only important difference between Rebel XS and the others is the Digic 3 versus Digic 4 processor.
I was tempted to buy t3 or t1i because I read that Digic 4 provides sharper images under low light (of course, providing you have a high quality lens that allows enough light to get to the sensor)
Im unclear whether Rebel XS has the same kind of sensor than T3 and T1i
Would you please give some input on this? It seems to me as if Digic 4 represents little improvement over Digic 3. What do you think about it?
And still, lens quality would be more important in any case, right?
Finally, in additon to my new camera, I will be getting an EF 50mm f1.8 II lens, for portrait purposes. Do you think it is a wise decision?
Well, hope you can help me to take a decision regarding what camera and what lens to buy.
by the way, high megapixel and the ability to take Full HD video and HDMI connection is not something Im excited about... My concern is whether digic 4 will give me noticeable sharper images than digic 3
Thanks to you all!!
bam