Amateur Photographer

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, so I'm trying to start up a little photography business on the side as im carrying out a University course at Bristol UWE for professional photography, it would be absolutely amazing if you could all go check out my facebook page and like and share etc.

I love photography and it would mean the world to me if you could help me out by clicking a few buttons :)
Also, let me know what you think about my photography as a whole :)

https://www.facebook.com/PhotographyByThePope

Thanks all :D

$Insomnia-Finished.jpg

It seems that you could benefit by focusing on one or two types of work. I went to your FB page and looked at the photos. You have a few snapshotty pictures mixed in with some more artistically-oriented images. The snapshotty ones make it look like you are very undeveloped as a photographer, while the artsy, oddball ones make it look like you're an art student. No offense, but you appear to be a stage 2 shooter, with various snaps of wholly unrelated stuff. Simple,found shots, like a cat, or a cloud and telephone wires, will not impress potential clients. I would really try to create some "sets", some collections of shots, 7 to 10 images in each, that showcase what you can actually DO with a camera, as opposed to snaps of things you happened to find in front of your lens. There's a big,big difference.

Thank you for your insight, but i have to disagree. I have sets of photographs, just not in order on my page. I felt putting photos in albums wouldn't put across diversity: I'm not a one man band. Trying hard not to take offence, but i will take it as constructive criticism :) Thank you again.

Thank you for your insight, but i have to disagree. I have sets of photographs, just not in order on my page. I felt putting photos in albums wouldn't put across diversity: I'm not a one man band. Trying hard not to take offence, but i will take it as constructive criticism :) Thank you again.
Heh, it's interesting how you can disagree with somebody's impression from your photos? :) This is just an impression of another person, you may have another one and both may be valid ;).

Heh, it's interesting how you can disagree with somebody's impression from your photos? :) This is just an impression of another person, you may have another one and both may be valid ;).

Haha i know what you mean, and you're right. :) Sorry Derrel!

I saw the picture you put on the OP and thought that's pretty cool and then I read Derrel's review, so I clicked on the link. As I looked it was okay, then I saw the 3rd or 4th picture and saw the really cool power lines that were all screwed up by those clouds.

I agree with Derrel. The shot you posted here is certainly your best, but I can't say the others compare to it. Seem to be a lot of focus issues through-out the "set".

I saw the picture you put on the OP and thought that's pretty cool and then I read Derrel's review, so I clicked on the link. As I looked it was okay, then I saw the 3rd or 4th picture and saw the really cool power lines that were all screwed up by those clouds.

Thank you :) As for all the comments about my poor cloud picture :) I took it for my course at college as i had to get juxtaposition in a photograph so i took it as there were the hard outlines of the silhouetted telegraph pole combined with natures clouds with no real distinct line. :)

I agree with Derrel. The shot you posted here is certainly your best, but I can't say the others compare to it. Seem to be a lot of focus issues through-out the "set".

Thank you for the compliments. I guess that photo is completely different to the rest but it is also my best (as i hear). Does this mean i would be more suited to portraiture? Because at the moment im focussing on long exposures/landscapes etc.

I would love to know what you all thought? :)

I went to your fb and I felt you where all over the place some art , some pet, and some that would fall under other all mixed in.That made it hard for me to see a style and figure out what it is I should hire you for. Most people that are looking for a protog want wedding, baby, portraits, events, bands, real estate or pets. none of these do you really have any great hire me kinda shots. I think step one should be to ask your self what do I want to be hired for then go get the shots that would make people want to hire you for that and put those on the front page the rest in sorted albums.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back