What's new

America - Keep Out

Well, since the sign is on one side of the fence, and the stars and stripes are on the "inside" of this fence, wouldn't it be "America-- Stay In"??
 
This photo seems to have touched a nerve. Pretty effective.
 
I don't think it has touched a nerve...I think its just a snapshot that's trying to be portrayed as a photograph.
 
This photo seems to have touched a nerve. Pretty effective.
Not very effective at all, if the nerve touched wasn't the message trying to be conveyed.

In that regard, it is a failure. Such is life. Not every image is a winner. :roll:
 
Also, my signature is my signature and I'm not going to change it for the mood of the photo, though I think it's an interesting point.
No doubt.
However, it doesn't need to be so large as to be intrusive.

Plus, there is a lot more to CMI than just adding a copyright statement/signature that can be easily edited out.
 
It's composed exactly how I intented it to be. I live in south Texas where people try to cross the border all the time. They see large gates, guards, fences, etc. which are promiment, while in the distance, is the land of opportunity; blurred, distant, and out of reach.


After reading this, I understand what you were going for.
 
KmH said:
No doubt.
However, it doesn't need to be so large as to be intrusive.

To be fair, there or plenty of signatures that are equipment lists a mile long. I dont think his signature is any more intrusive than those are, and none of them bother me at all. I think its easy enough to seperate someones signature from the rest of their post.
 
May be my craptop but looks like clarity or sharpness is over-cooked, and my eyes are drawn to that humungeeeeous watermark
 
This photo seems to have touched a nerve. Pretty effective.
Not very effective at all, if the nerve touched wasn't the message trying to be conveyed.

In that regard, it is a failure. Such is life. Not every image is a winner. :roll:

Be that as it may, it has certainly made people think. Whether they are thinking of ways of pulling the image apart in a form of decontructionism, or about the inner message, which certaily seems to be a long way from...

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

...on this 4th day of July is another matter however.
 
I lived in Texas for many years....there are certainly better opportunities for such a statement to be made. I like where you are going with it, and having lived there, I know you can do better. ;-)
 
I lived in Texas for many years....there are certainly better opportunities for such a statement to be made. I like where you are going with it, and having lived there, I know you can do better. ;-)

San Antonio definitely has more to offer than that. Hell, at least head over to Lackland or BAMC since there will be legitimate signs there, lol.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom