American Bittern in the morning light.

ZombiesniperJr

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i shot this back in may but wasn't sure if i really liked it. i think it turned out ok. although i think it would have been better if i could have gotten lower and gotten down to the same level as the bittern.
1American bittern by Logan Baldwin, on Flickr

Kinda minimalist if that's what you were going for. Nothing wrong there.

I like it alright. Since you caught it on the shaded side I almost want to say a little heavier on the blacks to make the green in the grass a little darker and make those yellows pop a little more against it. Hard to say without doing it myself, it may be optimal right now as far as I know.

I like it alright. Since you caught it on the shaded side I almost want to say a little heavier on the blacks to make the green in the grass a little darker and make those yellows pop a little more against it. Hard to say without doing it myself, it may be optimal right now as far as I know.
here it is a bit heavier on the blacks. AMBI by Logan Baldwin, on Flickr

Just my personal taste but I think it looks a little better when there's a little more separation between the dark's and lights. It seems to give it more depth and the tiny bright spots of light on the ends of the grass stand out more. What do you think?

I think this works great as a minimalist image, as someone mentioned. You don't need a lot to get the shapes right, and you've done that here very well. You have a good eye!

Curious: have you looked at this as a B&W, with very much increased contrast? Might get something with a totally different feel. Again: increase the contrast, since it may go a little flat with all the grass.

Just my personal taste but I think it looks a little better when there's a little more separation between the dark's and lights. It seems to give it more depth and the tiny bright spots of light on the ends of the grass stand out more. What do you think?
I would agree that it gives more depth. and i think i like it a bit more with the heavier blacks.

I think this works great as a minimalist image, as someone mentioned. You don't need a lot to get the shapes right, and you've done that here very well. You have a good eye!

Curious: have you looked at this as a B&W, with very much increased contrast? Might get something with a totally different feel. Again: increase the contrast, since it may go a little flat with all the grass.
Here it is in B&W American Bittern Black and white by Logan Baldwin, on Flickr

Thanks for doing this! Upon seeing it, I do think it works better in color. Maybe keep the contrast up to make the subject pop. :)

It's a challenging image, but I do like it.

I would agree that it gives more depth. and i think i like it a bit more with the heavier blacks.

Yes, it makes for better depth and contrast.

I'm not so keen on B+W wildlife shots but it kinda works here fir the reasons given.

Most reactions

Back