American Robin

Ralest42

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I believe this to be an American Robin. (Please correct me if I'm wrong) basically all I'm doing right now is using common animals or obstacles in my yard to try to develop my photography. As I've previously stated before in all my posts I am a novice.

Please give some feedback to help me better my photography.

$American Robin1.jpg

Settings for this photo are:
F-stop f/13
Exposure Time 1/160 sec.
ISO-800
Focal Length 250mm

This is just backyard photography, I'm not really ready for much else. But, I'm trying to learn so again, please give me feedback, criticisms are welcome.

thanks

I don't think this is too bad for learning. You really don't need to shoot at F13 though, unless you have a really bad lens. Depending on camera lens/combo, diffraction can set in and actually make the image softer. If your lens is F5.6 at the long end, F8 should be fine. This will also give you more background blur and subject isolation. It will also lower your ISO. Not sure what the lighting was like, but I noticed you used flash, which can be tricky with birds.

Thanks for the feedback. This shot was maybe 6 feet away, the flash was on probably not needed. The Sony DSLR A380 has the pop-up flash, I was messing with I had it set on "fill flash"

Just additional information. I don't know if the flash had any effect on the shot as it was bright, I was just going through settings. I've seen a lot of Pictures people have taken where it seems like the subject tends to look better when the picture was blurred. I think it holds the same for my picture, now, that being said, it goes without saying that it could be done better. So, I will take your comments and definitely work on better shots.

Sorry to those that reply when I keep asking for feedback, but it's the best way to learn when a community of professionals, or active hobbyists give me their honest feedback.

Sorry to those that reply when I keep asking for feedback, but it's the best way to learn when a community of professionals, or active hobbyists give me their honest feedback.
Don't be sorry...you are here to share and learn and give us your knowledge too...

Most reactions

Back