Among the Rows

Matty-Bass

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is what I shot on my way to work one afternoon. Didn't get too many shots because it was bloody cold and windy and I wanted to get into work ASAP :er:. The second is a bad attempt at getting the color of the boquet, but see what you think. Better if it were all black and white??

AmongtheRows.jpg

SingleBoquet.jpg

thanks verb! I have a complete black and white version if you wanna check it out...

To my mind, your selective colouring works perfectly well along with the DOF chosen for the second. The red is a bit loud, but I think that is what it was in reality, too, right? So it was there like this... you might as well capture it like this!

In the first, I am not sure I like the harsh contrast which makes you lose all details in the shadow parts so much. Maybe you were going for harshness, but the large cross to the right and the furthest right rows of graves get all lost - you say you couldn't capture any more than these few rows, so it is a pity you even lose a couple of the few you got to the shadows. (My humble opinion).

Thanks for the crit Lafoto! These are the exact things I've been waiting to hear when I post my pics! It's true. when I edit pictures in black and white I tend to get carried away and go lithographic almost :lol:. Just my style I guess. But I see what you mean in this one, could be a little lighter, less contrasting. Thanks for the tips!

PS: The grave flowers were in truth that bright. That is not enhanced at all. These are actually the rows of priest graves, there is a grave on the second furthest right row at the other end with a little shrine built around it because there is rumour that the priest will become a saint :D

yea i like these too, if you intended the first one to be more of a dark, artistic approach i think you've done well. The second one works on any level :thumbup:

thanks for all the comments everyone! I'll have more pictures up as soon as I can get them edited.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back